Subject: [6lo] Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-12.txt> (IPv6 over Constrained Node Networks (6lo) Applicability & Use cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 03:05:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document: -
'IPv6 over Constrained Node Networks (6lo) Applicability & Use cases'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-04-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the applicability of IPv6 over constrained
   node networks (6lo) and provides practical deployment examples.  In
   addition to IEEE Std 802.15.4, various link layer technologies such
   as ITU-T G.9959 (Z-Wave), Bluetooth Low Energy, DECT-ULE, MS/TP, NFC,
   and PLC are used as examples.  The document targets an audience who
   would like to understand and evaluate running end-to-end IPv6 over
   the constrained node networks for local or Internet connectivity.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.