Subject: [6tisch-security] next steps

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:33:11 -0400

I am looking for options for next steps.

non-mutually exclusive options include:
1) continue with calls; have to find a new time as 10am Monday got eaten
   by nomcom2014 for me.

2) flesh out more of document; but it has many bits in it which are not
   strictly architecture, but rather delve into solution space.
   That needs to be split off into another document.
   I could use a co-author here to help (I'm looking at Max, I think)

3) figure out if the document should be adopted, or if the relevant text
   should simply be lifted into the 6tisch architecture document directly.
   There could be some WG Consensus calls on aspects of this.

4) after (2), ask to have the document go through a security directorate
   review, making it clear to them that this is not for direct publication.

=======

I responded to Mike St.Johns review, during IETF90 week, but I would welcome
some additional comments and contributed text.   I think that we have to have
a section on the various ways in which the DTLS session is authenticated
including:
  1) vendor rooted certificates with chains for ownership.
  2) one-time-ish ("QR") off-line authorization token.
  3) repeateable on-line authorization token.
  4) more complex enrollment systems.

I also don't know how how to interact with UCAN at this point.

I would welcome some discussion about next steps, particularly from chairs,
From UCAN BOF chairs, and anyone else.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-