Subject: [6tisch-security] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-03.txt

From: Giuseppe Piro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:57:20 +0100

Dear all,

a new version of our draft draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues has been
submitted. We are still focusing the attention on L2 security aspects
(i.e., how generating the key, how storing keys and related attributes
within MAC PIB tables, and so on).
However, we have revised some concepts by using the terminology introduced
by Michael in its ID draft-richardson-6tisch--security-6top, like
"production network", "joining node", "production network key", "per-peer
L2 key", and so on.

Basing on the recent/future discussions in 6tisch security meetings (like
those related to the adoption, or not, of the master-fake key, the creation
of device descriptors elements, etc.) we will update the document
accordingly.

We are looking forward to receive comments on that document.

Many thanks for your attention and best regards

Gennaro, Alfredo, Giuseppe.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-03.txt
To: Giuseppe Piro <[email-masked]>, Gennaro Boggia <
[email-masked]>, Luigi Alfredo Grieco <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Giuseppe Piro and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues
Revision:       03
Title:          Layer-2 security aspects for the IEEE 802.15.4e MAC
Document date:  2014-12-10
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          27
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-03
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-03

Abstract:
   The aim of this Internet Draft is to define standard compliant
   procedures for configuring layer-2 security services in IEEE
   802.15.4e-based Low-power and Lossy Networks. In particular, it
   provides a review of security aspects presented in both IEEE
   802.15.4-2011 and IEEE 802.15.4e-2012 specifications, the
   classification of secure network configurations and layer-2 keys, the
   description of a set of consecutive steps required to establish a
   layer-2 secure link, and a lightweight Key Management Protocol
   designed  for negotiating a layer-2 one-hop link key. As the final
   goal, the document would describe how security MAC attributes can by
   initialized and updated in order to offer layer-2 security services
   in real networks.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
*Giuseppe Piro, PhD*
Post Doc Researcher
DEI, Politecnico di Bari
via Orabona 4 - 70125 (Bari), Italy.
email: [email-masked]
phone: +39 080 5963301
web: g <http://telematics.poliba.it/piro>iuseppepiro.com