Subject: [6tisch-security] scheduling 6tisch security calls through Jan 15th, 2015 - please read and act prior to end of tomorrow - Fri Dec 5, 2014 EST time

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 16:32:16 -0500

Dear colleagues:

I would like to solicit your feedback on the best times for 6tisch 
security conf calls for the next few calls (Tue Dec 9th, Tue Dec 16th, 
Tue Jan 6th, Wed Jan 14th).

Please note that participants are from many different time zones, 
ranging from PST time, EST time, Paris time, to Japan time.
The only times that allow everyone in the time zones above sleep/private 
time in the 12am-6am time window (wherever they are) are a conf call 
9am-10am EST or one at 5-6pm EST.

If we cannot agree on a time, we have to use a rotating schedule that 
inevitably disadvantages some considerably, since putting some people in 
the "middle of the night" block.

My suggested times are below.

a) The table below shows how different times impact different participants
          PST    EST  Paris  Japan
#A:     2p     5p     11p    7a
#B:     6a     9a        3p    11p
#C:     8a   11a        5p     1a

b) Suggested schedule (all calls at most one hour):
Tue Dec 9th:     9-10am EST {Schedule #B above (Thomas indicated he 
would be in Europe then, so "West Coast" represented on otherwise 
"decent" hours)}
Tue Dec 16th:   5-6pm EST   {Schedule #A above}
Tue Jan 6th:      5-6pm EST {Schedule #A above}
Wed Jan 14th: 11am-12pm EST {Schedule #C above; week of IEEE 802 (most 
likely, Yoshi in Atlanta then, so no "night owls" required)}
NOTE: the last date is a WEDNESDAY, since that is an IEEE week, where 
Wed am2 is the mid-week plenary (hence, picking the time in that block)

*Please confirm availability at these times via the Doodle link by end 
of *tomorrow*, Friday December 5, 2014, 11:59pm EST*
{The Doodle poll simply mentions the times above, and you can indicate 
Yes/No/Maybe for each of the dates}

Please be mindful of others than yourself, whose biological clock we 
should also take into account.

If you have comments, please do *not* pollute the 6tisch mailing list, 
but just send a private note, *keeping the same subject title* of the email.
If you already ventilated opinions, please send those again, with the 
*same* subject header as this email.

http://doodle.com/2cg4p34x3c3uca55

==
email: [email-masked] | Skype: rstruik cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 | 
US: +1 (415) 690-7363

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 01:10:56 -0800

[not trying to polute the 6TiSCH-security ML :-)]

Thanks Rene for coordinating this always complex scheduling issue!

Once we have found good times, if you send the schedule to this ML, I can
sync https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/Home.

Thomas

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Rene Struik <[email-masked]> wrote:

> security conf calls for the next few calls (Tue Dec 9th, Tue Dec 16th, Tue
> Jan 6th, Wed Jan 14th).
>
> Please note that participants are from many different time zones, ranging
> from PST time, EST time, Paris time, to Japan time.
> Tue Dec 9th:     9-10am EST {Schedule #B above (Thomas indicated he would
> be in Europe then, so "West Coast" represented on otherwise "decent" hours)}
> NOTE: the last date is a WEDNESDAY, since that is an IEEE week, where Wed
> am2 is the mid-week plenary (hence, picking the time in that block)
>
> *Please confirm availability at these times via the Doodle link by end of
> *tomorrow*, Friday December 5, 2014, 11:59pm EST*
> If you have comments, please do *not* pollute the 6tisch mailing list, but
> just send a private note, *keeping the same subject title* of the email.
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch-security mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch-security
>
>

---

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 09:29:38 -0500

Dear colleagues:

The (rotating) schedule for the next few 6tisch security calls is as 
follows:

Tue Dec 9th:     9-10am EST
Tue Dec 16th:   5-6pm EST
Tue Jan 6th:      5-6pm EST
Wed Jan 14th: 11am-12pm EST

This schedule is based on feedback on the Doodle pool conducted last 
week and offline comments received. Thanks for participating.

This schedule tries and accommodate different time zones of participants 
(currently, ranging from PST time, EST time, Paris time, to Japan time).

We may conduct another poll to determine the schedule after half of January.

Best regards, Rene

On 12/4/2014 4:32 PM, Rene Struik wrote:
> The only times that allow everyone in the time zones above 
> sleep/private time in the 12am-6am time window (wherever they are) are 
> a conf call 9am-10am EST or one at 5-6pm EST.
>
> inevitably disadvantages some considerably, since putting some people 
> in the "middle of the night" block.
>
> email: [email-masked] | Skype: rstruik cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 
> | US: +1 (415) 690-7363 

-- 
email: [email-masked] | Skype: rstruik
cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 | US: +1 (415) 690-7363

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:46:04 +0200

Rene Struik writes:
> Dear colleagues:
> 
> The (rotating) schedule for the next few 6tisch security calls is as follows:
> 
> Tue Dec 9th:     9-10am EST

Ah, I assumed this weeks call would be at the same time as last week,
and as it moved to be that early, I most likely will not make it (i.e.
I am still in car on my way back from my boat). If I be back on time
(it depends how long my discussions there will take) I will call in,
but most likely I will not be back on time. Those midnight - 1am calls
are much easier for me to participate, as there usually aren't that
much other things to consider at that times (except other
teleconferences, like the 2 weekly BRC calls at midnigh :-)

Btw, I just uploaded the new version of my 802.15.4 maintenance BRC
call document to the mentor, and that version now has new version of
the inbound state machine. The document can be found from

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.15/documents?is_dcn=704&is_group=0mag

and if I have time, I will also make the actual state diagrams for the
state machines before my midnight BRC call, so the revision might be 1
or 2... 
-- 
[email-masked]