Subject: [6tisch] next 6TiSCH call and IETF process

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:40:06 -0700

All,

We recently realized we haven't been following the IETF process for our
bi-weekly 6TiSCH conference calls well.

The IETF process is well summarized in the IESG guidance at [1] and ensures
all standardization activity, including interim meetings and conference
calls, are inclusive. This includes advance notification and reporting.

We plan on making the following changes to the way we hold conference calls:

   - We will announce the conference call to [email-masked]
    (CC'ing [email-masked]) 2 weeks before the meeting, or more.
   - We will announce the agenda of the call to [email-masked]
    (CC'ing [email-masked]) at least 1 week before the meeting.
   - We realize there might be further ML discussions between the
   announcement of the agenda and the call itself. To have the opportunity to
   sync'up on discussions those during the call, we will leave more time for
   "Any Other Business" (AOB). There will also be the usual agenda bashing
   opportunity at the beginning of the call
   - The minutes will be published to [email-masked] (CC'ing
   [email-masked]) at most 10 days after the call.

With this in mind, and to leave 2 weeks between the announcement and the
call, we have to push the next call by a week. That is, the next call will
be on *October 3rd*. We will send an official announcement in a couple of
minutes, and will publish the agenda by next Friday.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions or comments about this
change to the organization of the calls.

Pascal & Thomas

[1] https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/interim-meetings.html

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:29:54 -0400

I think that the next call would have been the 26th, but you
moved that to Oct 3.  Will there be a call on the 24th and Nov 7 then?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:41:55 -0700

Michael,

Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for the confusion. Per my recent e-mail,
the next interim meetings are scheduled for:

10-Oct 08:00 PDT
24-Oct 08:00 PDT
07-Nov 08:00 PDT

Thomas