Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt

From: Sandeep Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:59:50 +0100

Cross-posting to other groups that may be interested in the work. Please
post comments to the 6lo group.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for
draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

Dear all

A new I-D related to secure bootstrapping in professional domains
(especially Lighting) has been submitted to the 6lo WG.

Your comments are welcome.

regards
Sandeep

-----Original Message-----
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sandeep S. Kumar and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:           draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap
Revision:       00
Title:          Security Bootstrapping over IEEE 802.15.4 in selective order
Document date:  2015-03-04
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          21
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00

Abstract:
   Low-resource devices in a Low-resource and Lossy Network (LLN) can be
   based on a mesh network using the IEEE 802.15.4 link standard.
   Security in these networks MUST be enforced at the link level.
   Provisioning the devices in a secure manner with keys (often called
   security bootstrapping) to encrypt and authenticate the link-layer
   messages is the subject of this specification.  This proposal
   distinguishes itself from other bootstrap proposals by requiring that
   the devices can be secured in an order determined by the needs of the
   installation procedure.  Other proposals use an "onion model", where
   first the devices one-hop away from the initial device (often the
   border router) are secured, followed by the devices that are one-hop
   away from already secured devices.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

________________________________
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this
message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.