Subject: [6tisch] plugtest and hackathon at IETF93, practical info and call for proposals

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 12:47:19 +0200

All,

Per our discuss at the last 6TiSCH interim meeting [1], here are some
details about the events the 6TiSCH WG will hold the week-end before the
IETF93 meeting.

- on July 17-18 (Fri,Sat), ETSI organizes the 1st 6TiSCH plugtest, an event
to verify the interoperability of different implementations of 6TiSCH
technology. The scope of this event is draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal. A team of
experts is finalizing a test spec for the different implementations to go
through. The event is free, but you need to register. You will find all
information at [2]. Registration deadline is May 31st.
- on July 19 (Sun), we will have a hackathon with the (tentative)
theme "OpenWSN/6TiSCH: implementing the Internet of (Important) Things",
allowing people to present cutting-edge OpenWSN and/or 6TiSCH-related
technology, and get some coding done. I have added an (empty) entry at
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/93hackathon, and suggest
we list different themes at
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/150719_ietf93_prague_hackathon
in the next few days. Please reply to this e-mail to suggest additional
themes for the hackathon. ETSI has kindly offered to use the same room as
for the plugtest for this event (thanks!).

Please note that these events are complementary, and we expect several
teams to attend both events.

Thomas

[1] https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/150522_webex
[2] http://www.etsi.org/news-events/events/942-6TiSCH-plugtests