Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06.txt

From: "Prof. Diego Dujovne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 03:08:05 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2015-07-05 3:06 GMT-03:00
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Diego Dujovne and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly
Revision:       06
Title:          6TiSCH On-the-Fly Scheduling
Document date:  2015-07-04
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-06

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   of On-The-Fly (OTF) scheduling, a Layer-3 mechanism for 6TiSCH
   networks.  The purpose of OTF is to dynamically adapt the aggregate
   bandwidth, i.e., the number of reserved soft cells between neighbor
   nodes, based on the specific application constraints to be satisfied.
   When using OTF, softcell reservation is distributed: through the 6top
   interface, neighbor nodes negotiate the cell(s) to be (re)allocated/
   deleted, with no intervention needed of a centralized entity.  This
   document aims at defining a module which uses the functionalities
   provided by the 6top sublayer to (i) extract statistics and (ii)
   determine when to reserve/delete soft cells in the schedule.  The
   exact reservation and deletion algorithm, and the number and type of
   statistics to be used in the algorithm are out of scope.  OTF deals
   only with the number of softcells to be reserved/deleted; it is up to
   6top to select the specific soft cells within the TSCH schedule.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
DIEGO DUJOVNE
Académico Escuela de Ingeniería en Informática y Telecomunicaciones
Facultad de Ingeniería UDP
www.ingenieria.udp.cl
(56 2) 676 8125