Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-core-patch-01.txt

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:36:41 +0200

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-vanderstok-core-patch-01.txt
To: Core <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

We submitted a new version of the patch draft.

Example has been added, content formats have been specified (needs more
work), caching has been reviewed.
error handling is improved.
Discussion on idem potency and atomicity is still needed.

Peter

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-core-patch-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-vanderstok-core-patch
Revision:       01
Title:          Patch Method for Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
Document date:  2015-07-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          8
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-core-patch/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-core-patch-01

Abstract:
   The existing Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) PUT method only
   allows a complete replacement of a resource.  This does not permit
   applications to perform partial resource modifications.  In case of
   resources with larger or complex data, or in situations where a
   resource continuity is required, replacing a resource is not an
   option.  Several applications using CoAP will need to perform partial
   resource modifications.  This proposal adds a new CoAP method, PATCH,
   to modify an existing CoAP resource partially.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core