Subject: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 18:24:48 +0000

Dear all:

As discussed at the last Interim, please find proposed text in the 6TiSCH architecture below.

What do you think?

Pascal

4.2.2.  Scheduling Functions and the 6P protocol

   In the case of soft cells, the cell management entity that controls
   the dynamic attribution of cells to adapt to the dynamics of variable
   rate flows is called a Scheduling Function (SF).  There may be
   multiple SFs with more or less aggressive reaction to the dynamics of
   the network.  The 6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0)
   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0] provides a simple scheduling function that
   can be used by default by devices that support dynamic scheduling of
   soft cells.

   The SF is logically divided in an abstract bandwidth adaptation logic
   that is abstract to the particular technology used to obtain and
   release bandwidth, and a underlying service sublayer that maps those
   needs in the actual technology, which means identifying the
   appropriate cells in the context of TSCH.

    +------------------------+          +------------------------+
    |  Scheduling Function   |          |  Scheduling Function   |
    |  Bandwidth adaptation  |          |  Bandwidth adaptation  |
    +------------------------+          +------------------------+
    |  Scheduling Function   |          |  Scheduling Function   |
    | TSCH mapping to cells  |          | TSCH mapping to cells  |
    +------------------------+          +------------------------+
    | 6top cells negotiation | <- 6P -> | 6top cells negotiation |
    +------------------------+          +------------------------+

                       Figure 6: SF/6P stack in 6top

   The SF relies on 6top services that implement the 6top Protocol (6P)
   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol] to negotiate the precise cells that
   will be allocated or freed based on the schedules of the peer.  It
   may be for instance that a peer wants to use a particular time slot
   that is free in its schedule, but that timeslot is already in use by
   the other peer for a communication with a third party on a different
   cell.  The 6P protocol enables the peers to find an agreement in a
   transactional manner that ensures the final consistency of the nodes
   state.

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 20:41:34 +0200

Pascal,

Some typos and suggestions below.

4.2.2.  Scheduling Functions and the 6P Protocol (6P)

   In the case of soft cells, the cell management entity that controls
   the dynamic attribution of cells to adapt to the dynamics of variable
   rate flows is called Scheduling Function (SF).  There may be
   multiple SFs, each implementing a different policy to adapt to varying
   network traffic.  The 6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0)
   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0] provides a simple scheduling function that
   can be used by default by devices that support dynamic scheduling of
   soft cells.

   The SF is logically divided in an abstract bandwidth adaptation policy
   which is abstract to the particular technology used to obtain and
   release bandwidth,
TW> I don't understand the previous sentence
   and a underlying service sublayer which identifies the
   appropriate TSCH cells to use.

    |   TSCH cell mapping    |          |   TSCH cell mapping    |

   The SF relies on the 6top Protocol (6P)
   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol] to negotiate the cells between
   neighbor nodes.  It
   may be for instance that a node wants to use a particular time slot
   that is free in its schedule, but which is already in use by
   its neighbor.  The 6P protocol enables the neighbor nodes to find
   an agreement on which cells to use.

On Friday, June 3, 2016, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________

---

From: Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 06:25:42 +0200

Hi Pascal, Thomas, all

inline too (see changes in *foo*)

regards,
X
2016-06-03 20:41 GMT+02:00 Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>:

>    the dynamic attribution of cells to adapt to *varying*
>    rate flows *in the network* is called Scheduling Function (SF).  There
> may be
>    The SF is logically divided in a bandwidth adaptation policy
>    which is *independent* to the particular *mechanism* used to obtain and
>    release bandwidth,
>    and a underlying service sublayer which identifies
>
    XV> Only identifies? For me we need to stress the difference between
6top protocol and this sublayer

>  the
>> [email-masked]
> [email-masked]

---

From: "S.V.R.Anand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 10:45:46 +0530

Hi Pascal,

The text reads very nice. It captures the notion of abstraction we have been
discussing about very well.

In the last para below which mentions the negotiation of time slots, can we,
for instance, be able to define an SF to meet certain delay requirements 
of flows ? There
could be other possibilities too.

Anand

On Friday 03 June 2016 11:54 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) wrote:
> Dear all:  > > As discussed at the last Interim, please find proposed text in the 
6TiSCH architecture below. > > What do you think? > > Pascal > > 4.2.2.  
Scheduling Functions and the 6P protocol > >    In the case of soft 
cells, the cell management entity that controls >    the dynamic 
attribution of cells to adapt to the dynamics of variable >    rate 
flows is called a Scheduling Function (SF).  There may be >    multiple 
SFs with more or less aggressive reaction to the dynamics of >    the 
network.  The 6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0) >    
[I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0] provides a simple scheduling function that 
 >    can be used by default by devices that support dynamic scheduling 
of >    soft cells. > >    The SF is logically divided in an abstract 
bandwidth adaptation logic >    that is abstract to the particular 
technology used to obtain and >    release bandwidth, and a underlying 
service sublayer that maps those >    needs in the actual technology, 
which means identifying the >    appropriate cells in the context of 
TSCH. > >     +------------------------+          
+------------------------+ >     |  Scheduling Function   |          |  
Scheduling Function   | >     |  Bandwidth adaptation  |          |  
Bandwidth adaptation  | >     +------------------------+          
+------------------------+ >     |  Scheduling Function   |          |  
Scheduling Function   | >     | TSCH mapping to cells  |          | TSCH 
mapping to cells  | >     +------------------------+          
+------------------------+ >     | 6top cells negotiation | <- 6P -> | 
6top cells negotiation | >     +------------------------+          
+------------------------+ > > >                        Figure 6: SF/6P 
stack in 6top > >    The SF relies on 6top services that implement the 
6top Protocol (6P) >    [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol] to negotiate the 
precise cells that >    will be allocated or freed based on the 
schedules of the peer.  It >    may be for instance that a peer wants to 
use a particular time slot >    that is free in its schedule, but that 
timeslot is already in use by >    the other peer for a communication 
with a third party on a different >    cell.  The 6P protocol enables 
the peers to find an agreement in a >    transactional manner that 
ensures the final consistency of the nodes >    state. > > 
_______________________________________________ > 6tisch mailing list > 
[email-masked] > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch >

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 12:13:21 +0000

I suspect that the distributed path computation (the OF in RPL) and the SF above 6top could work together, Anand.
To be explored...

Pascal

From: S.V.R.Anand [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: samedi 4 juin 2016 07:16
To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Hi Pascal,

In the last para below which mentions the negotiation of time slots, can we,
for instance, be able to define an SF to meet certain delay requirements of flows ? There
could be other possibilities too.

Anand

On Friday 03 June 2016 11:54 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) wrote:
> [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 12:19:22 +0000

Hello Thomas:

I want to convey that the upper piece operates on a logical bandwidth, whereas the lower actuates bandwidth on cells.

Is this more clear:
“
   The SF is logically divided in a bandwidth adaptation logic that is not aware
   of the particular technology that is used to obtain and release bandwidth,
   and an underlying service sublayer that maps those needs in the actual
   technology, which means mapping the bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH.
“
?

Pascal

From: Thomas Watteyne [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: vendredi 3 juin 2016 20:42
To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Pascal,

On Friday, June 3, 2016, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Dear all:

What do you think?

Pascal

_______________________________________________
6tisch mailing list
[email-masked]<javascript:;>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

www.thomaswatteyne.com<http://www.thomaswatteyne.com>
_______________________________________

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 14:49:19 +0200

Pascal,

Makes sense. We could add a MAY there, what about:

“
   The SF MAY logically be divided in a bandwidth adaptation logic that is
not aware
   of the particular technology that is used to obtain and release
bandwidth,
   and an underlying service sublayer that maps those needs in the actual
   technology, which means mapping the bandwidth onto cells in the case of
TSCH.
“

Thomas

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello Thomas:
>
>
>
> I want to convey that the upper piece operates on a logical bandwidth,
> whereas the lower actuates bandwidth on cells.
>
>
>
> Is this more clear:
>
> “
>
> *From:* Thomas Watteyne [mailto:[email-masked]]
> *Sent:* vendredi 3 juin 2016 20:42
> *To:* Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie
>
>
>
> Pascal,
>
>
>

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

www.thomaswatteyne.com

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 13:51:47 +0000

That’s what the “logically” means, Thomas.

We use that trick when we refer to data structures or any internal that we cannot enforce but is useful to describe the operation; like a logical data structure that contains blah and blah.

So I ‘d use either the “may be” (lowercase, there is no uppercase in archie) or the “logically”.

Which one seems better ?

Pascal

From: Thomas Watteyne [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: lundi 6 juin 2016 14:49
To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Pascal,

“
   The SF MAY logically be divided in a bandwidth adaptation logic that is not aware
   of the particular technology that is used to obtain and release bandwidth,
   and an underlying service sublayer that maps those needs in the actual
   technology, which means mapping the bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH.
“

Thomas

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hello Thomas:

Is this more clear:
“

Pascal

From: Thomas Watteyne [mailto:[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>]
Sent: vendredi 3 juin 2016 20:42
To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Pascal,

What do you think?

Pascal

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

---

From: "Prof. Diego Dujovne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 10:58:27 -0300

Pascal,
            Let me comment on this item: I like "may be". At least it makes
clear for me that it is not compulsory.
Regards,

               Diego
El jun 6, 2016 9:52 AM, "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
escribió:

> We use that trick when we refer to data structures or any internal that we
> cannot enforce but is useful to describe the operation; like a logical data
> structure that contains blah and blah.
>
>
>
> *Sent:* lundi 6 juin 2016 14:49

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:04:18 +0000

Hello Xavi:

Not sure what you want me to add?
At the moment the text reads:

“

   The SF may be seen as divided between an upper bandwidth adaptation
   logic that is not aware of the particular technology that is used to
   obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service sublayer that
   maps those needs in the actual technology, which means mapping the
   bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH.

“

In fact, I realize I’m not 100% clear what whether people think that SF belongs to 6top or sits over it as a service user.
Part of the confusion is the name of the SF0 draft “6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0)” which tends to indicate that it is part of it.

Take care,

Pascal

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Xavier Vilajosana
Sent: samedi 4 juin 2016 06:26
To: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Hi Pascal, Thomas, all

regards,
X
2016-06-03 20:41 GMT+02:00 Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>:
Pascal,

   rate flows *in the network* is called Scheduling Function (SF).  There may be

    XV> Only identifies? For me we need to stress the difference between 6top protocol and this sublayer

What do you think?

Pascal

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

---

From: Qin Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 20:54:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Pascal
In the paragraph"The SF may be seen as divided between an upper bandwidth adaptation   logic that is not aware of the particular technology that is used to   obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service sublayer that   maps those needs in the actual technology, which means mapping the   bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH."
You use two different term to expression the sub-modules of SF, i.e. "logic" and "sublayer". I propose to consistently use one. I prefer "logic".  Then, the new text will be:
"The SF may be seen as divided between an upper bandwidth adaptation   logic that is not aware of the particular technology that is used to   obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service logic that   maps those needs in the actual technology, which means mapping the   bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH."
what do you think?
ThanksQin 

    On Monday, June 6, 2016 12:04 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]> wrote:

 #yiv8570481668 #yiv8570481668 -- _filtered #yiv8570481668 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv8570481668 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}#yiv8570481668 #yiv8570481668 p.yiv8570481668MsoNormal, #yiv8570481668 li.yiv8570481668MsoNormal, #yiv8570481668 div.yiv8570481668MsoNormal {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv8570481668 a:link, #yiv8570481668 span.yiv8570481668MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv8570481668 a:visited, #yiv8570481668 span.yiv8570481668MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv8570481668 span.yiv8570481668hoenzb {}#yiv8570481668 span.yiv8570481668EmailStyle18 {color:#1F497D;}#yiv8570481668 span.yiv8570481668EmailStyle19 {color:windowtext;}#yiv8570481668 .yiv8570481668MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv8570481668 {margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;}#yiv8570481668 div.yiv8570481668WordSection1 {}#yiv8570481668 Hello Xavi:    Not sure what you want me to add? At the moment the text reads:    “    4.2.2.  Scheduling Functions and the 6P protocol       In the case of soft cells, the cell management entity that controls    the dynamic attribution of cells to adapt to the dynamics of variable    rate flows is called a Scheduling Function (SF).  There may be    multiple SFs with more or less aggressive reaction to the dynamics of    the network.  The 6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0)    [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0] provides a simple scheduling function that    can be used by default by devices that support dynamic scheduling of    soft cells.       The SF may be seen as divided between an upper bandwidth adaptation    logic that is not aware of the particular technology that is used to    obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service sublayer that    maps those needs in the actual technology, which means mapping the    bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH.        +------------------------+          +------------------------+     |  Scheduling Function   |          |  Scheduling Function   |     |  Bandwidth adaptation  |          |  Bandwidth adaptation  |     +------------------------+          +------------------------+     |  Scheduling Function   |          |  Scheduling Function   |     | TSCH mapping to cells  |          | TSCH mapping to cells  |     +------------------------+          +------------------------+     | 6top cells negotiation | <- 6P -> | 6top cells negotiation |     +------------------------+          +------------------------+                              Figure 6: SF/6P stack in 6top       The SF relies on 6top services that implement the 6top Protocol (6P)    [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol] to negotiate the precise cells that    will be allocated or freed based on the schedules of the peer.  It    may be for instance that a peer wants to use a particular time slot    that is free in its schedule, but that timeslot is already in use by    the other peer for a communication with a third party on a different    cell.  The 6P protocol enables the peers to find an agreement in a    transactional manner that ensures the final consistency of the nodes    state.    “    In fact, I realize I’m not 100% clear what whether people think that SF belongs to 6top or sits over it as a service user. Part of the confusion is the name of the SF0 draft “6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0)” which tends to indicate that it is part of it.    Take care,    Pascal    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Xavier Vilajosana
Sent: samedi 4 juin 2016 06:26
To: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie    Hi Pascal, Thomas, all   inline too (see changes in *foo*)    regards, X 2016-06-03 20:41 GMT+02:00 Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>: 
Pascal,    Some typos and suggestions below.    4.2.2.  Scheduling Functions and the 6P Protocol (6P)       In the case of soft cells, the cell management entity that controls    the dynamic attribution of cells to adapt to *varying*    rate flows *in the network* is called Scheduling Function (SF).  There may be    multiple SFs, each implementing a different policy to adapt to varying    network traffic.  The 6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0)    [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0] provides a simple scheduling function that    can be used by default by devices that support dynamic scheduling of    soft cells.       The SF is logically divided in a bandwidth adaptation policy    which is *independent* to the particular *mechanism* used to obtain and    release bandwidth, TW> I don't understand the previous sentence    and a underlying service sublayer which identifies 
    XV> Only identifies? For me we need to stress the difference between 6top protocol and this sublayer 
 the    appropriate TSCH cells to use.        +------------------------+          +------------------------+     |  Scheduling Function   |          |  Scheduling Function   |     |  Bandwidth adaptation  |          |  Bandwidth adaptation  |     +------------------------+          +------------------------+     |  Scheduling Function   |          |  Scheduling Function   |     |   TSCH cell mapping    |          |   TSCH cell mapping    |     +------------------------+          +------------------------+     | 6top cells negotiation | <- 6P -> | 6top cells negotiation |     +------------------------+          +------------------------+                              Figure 6: SF/6P stack in 6top       The SF relies on the 6top Protocol (6P)    [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol] to negotiate the cells between    neighbor nodes.  It    may be for instance that a node wants to use a particular time slot    that is free in its schedule, but which is already in use by    its neighbor.  The 6P protocol enables the neighbor nodes to find    an agreement on which cells to use.    
On Friday, June 3, 2016, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]> wrote: 
Dear all:

What do you think?

Pascal

--  _______________________________________    Thomas Watteyne, PhD Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH    www.thomaswatteyne.com _______________________________________

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 08:34:10 +0000

Fine with me Qin

Or we could just say “service” and elide the repetition of the term “logic”?

Pascal

From: Qin Wang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: lundi 6 juin 2016 22:54
To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>; Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>; Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Hi Pascal

In the paragraph
"The SF may be seen as divided between an upper bandwidth adaptation
   logic that is not aware of the particular technology that is used to
   obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service sublayer that
   maps those needs in the actual technology, which means mapping the
   bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH."

"The SF may be seen as divided between an upper bandwidth adaptation
   logic that is not aware of the particular technology that is used to
   obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service logic that
   maps those needs in the actual technology, which means mapping the
   bandwidth onto cells in the case of TSCH."

what do you think?

Thanks
Qin

On Monday, June 6, 2016 12:04 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Hello Xavi:

“

“

Take care,

Pascal

From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Xavier Vilajosana
Sent: samedi 4 juin 2016 06:26
To: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] proposed text to describe SF and 6P in archie

Hi Pascal, Thomas, all

regards,
X

What do you think?

Pascal

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

www.thomaswatteyne.com<http://www.thomaswatteyne.com/>
_______________________________________

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 16:26:29 +0200

Pascal, all,
The SF is part of 6top.
"May be" is more appropriate.
My 2c

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> *From:* Qin Wang [mailto:[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>]
> *Sent:* lundi 6 juin 2016 22:54
> *To:* Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>; Xavier Vilajosana <
> [email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>; Thomas
> Watteyne <[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>
> *Cc:* [email-masked] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> You use two different term to expression the sub-modules of SF, i.e.
> "logic" and "sublayer". I propose to consistently use one. I prefer
> "logic".  Then, the new text will be:
>
>
>
>    obtain and release bandwidth, and an underlying service *logic* that
>
> On Monday, June 6, 2016 12:04 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <
> [email-masked] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>
> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hello Xavi:
>
>
>
> In fact, I realize I’m not 100% clear what whether people think that SF
> belongs to 6top or sits over it as a service user.
>
> Part of the confusion is the name of the SF0 draft “6TiSCH 6top Scheduling
> Function Zero (SF0)” which tends to indicate that it is part of it.
>
>
>
> Take care,
>
>
>
> Pascal
>
>
>
> *From:* [email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');> [
> mailto:[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>] *On Behalf Of *Xavier
> Vilajosana
> *Sent:* samedi 4 juin 2016 06:26
> *To:* Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>
> *Cc:* Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>; [email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> 2016-06-03 20:41 GMT+02:00 Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>>:
>
> Pascal,
>
>
>
> On Friday, June 3, 2016, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>> wrote:
>
> Dear all:
>
> [email-masked] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> [email-masked] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> [email-masked] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

www.thomaswatteyne.com