Subject: [6tisch] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-20: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 02:51:17 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-20: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

While reading, I frowned upon the same MAY & RPL issue as mentioned by
Alvaro:
The Introduction mentions that "RPL is specified to provide the framework
for time synchronization in an 802.15.4 TSCH network.", but Section 5
(RPL Settings) makes it optional: "In a multi-hop topology, the RPL
routing protocol [RFC6550] MAY be used."