Subject: [6tisch] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8180 (5539)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 08:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8180,
"Minimal IPv6 over the TSCH Mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6TiSCH) Configuration".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5539

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Yasuyuki Tanaka <[email-masked]>

Section: 5

Original Text
-------------
(...)

   The Rank computation is described in Section 4.1 of [RFC6552].  A
   node's Rank (see Figure 4 for an example) is computed by the
   following equations:

      R(N) = R(P) + rank_increment

      rank_increment = (Rf*Sp + Sr) * MinHopRankIncrease

(...)

   This section illustrates the use of OF0 (see Figure 4).  We have:

      rank_increment = ((3*numTx/numTxAck)-2)*minHopRankIncrease = 512

Corrected Text
--------------
(...)

   The Rank computation is described in Section 4.1 of [RFC6552].  A
   node's Rank (see Figure 4 for an example) is computed by the
   following equations:

      R(N) = R(P) + rank_increase

      rank_increase = (Rf*Sp + Sr) * MinHopRankIncrease

(...)

   This section illustrates the use of OF0 (see Figure 4).  We have:

      rank_increase = ((3*numTx/numTxAck)-2)*minHopRankIncrease = 512

Notes
-----
s/rank_increment/rank_increase/

It'd be better to use "rank_increase" as the variable name for consistency, which is used in Section 4.1 of RFC 6552 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6552#section-4.1):

[excerpt from RFC 6552]

   The step_of_rank Sp that is computed for that link is multiplied by
   the rank_factor Rf and then possibly stretched by a term Sr that is
   less than or equal to the configured stretch_of_rank.  The resulting
   rank_increase is added to the Rank of preferred parent R(P) to obtain
   that of this node R(N):

   R(N) = R(P) + rank_increase where:

   rank_increase = (Rf*Sp + Sr) * MinHopRankIncrease

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8180 (draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-21)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Minimal IPv6 over the TSCH Mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6TiSCH) Configuration
Publication Date    : May 2017
Author(s)           : X. Vilajosana, Ed., K. Pister, T. Watteyne
Category            : BEST CURRENT PRACTICE
Source              : IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG