Subject: [6tisch] [CFP] [Deadline approaching] GOODTECHS 2019 - Track Session in Serious Games to Improve Quality of Life, 25/09 - 27/09, Valencia, Spain

From: Filippo Carnovalini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 11:58:31 +0200

-Apologies if you received this CFP multiple times-

Deadline approaching!

********************************************************************
*                              Call for Papers
*                            GoodTechs 2019
*Track Session in Serious Games to Improve Quality of Life
*            September 25-27, 2019, Valencia, Spain
*.                 SUBMISSION BY 10 APRIL 2019
*
********************************************************************

More info at:
 http://goodtechs.eu/serious-game-to-improve-the-quality-of-life/
<http://goodtechs.eu/serious-game-to-improve-the-quality-of-life/>

SCOPE
======

Gamification techniques and serious games are often used to capture and
maintain user’s attention and motivation. This is particularly important
when dealing with young patients or people with special needs. Patient’s
collaboration is crucial for doctors to perform a good diagnosis, and to
provide an efficient therapy, but it cannot always be taken for granted.
Moreover, serious games are proved to be an efficient tool to incentivize
people to improve their lifestyle, e.g., making more physical activity.

This track will feature new insights, research, and practice on how to
design, develop and use gamification and persuasive technologies to create
serious games and applications to improve individuals’ Quality of Life
(QoL) and behavior, with a particular focus on people with disabilities.

The track targets researchers, doctoral students, practitioners and other
people interested in presenting, discussing, reflecting and networking on
central themes associated with the development and use of serious games and
applications to help people with special needs. Papers on both theoretical
aspects and design method of gamification techniques and serious games are
welcomed, as well as system prototypes and novel evaluation methods. In
addition, the track welcomes full research, work in progress papers and
educational cases.

Chair: Ombretta Gaggi, Università di Padova
Co-Chair: Antonio Rodà, Università di Padova

TOPICS OF INTEREST
==================

Serious game design for better lifestyle promotion
Serious games for people with disability
Games for Education and Learning
Gamification
Pervasive Systems
Assistive Technologies
Persuasive solutions
Methods, models and principles for gamification design
Usability and accessibility issues
Games for Health and Well-Being
Serious Games for social inclusion
Serious Games for cultural heritage

IMPORTANT DATES
================

Full Paper Submission deadline: 10 April 2019
Notification deadline:  1 June 2019
Follow the submission instructions at:
http://goodtechs.eu/paper-submission/
<http://goodtechs.eu/paper-submission/>