Subject: [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:42:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal Security Framework for 6TiSCH
        Authors         : Malisa Vucinic
                          Jonathan Simon
                          Kris Pister
                          Michael Richardson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-11.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2019-06-13

Abstract:
   This document describes the minimal framework required for a new
   device, called "pledge", to securely join a 6TiSCH (IPv6 over the
   TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e) network.  The framework requires that
   the pledge and the JRC (join registrar/coordinator, a central
   entity), share a symmetric key.  How this key is provisioned is out
   of scope of this document.  Through a single CoAP (Constrained
   Application Protocol) request-response exchange secured by OSCORE
   (Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments), the pledge
   requests admission into the network and the JRC configures it with
   link-layer keying material and other parameters.  The JRC may at any
   time update the parameters through another request-response exchange
   secured by OSCORE.  This specification defines the Constrained Join
   Protocol and its CBOR (Concise Binary Object Representation) data
   structures, and configures the rest of the 6TiSCH communication stack
   for this join process to occur in a secure manner.  Additional
   security mechanisms may be added on top of this minimal framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mališa Vučinić <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 09:57:11 +0200

Dear all,

The version -11 of minimal-security resolves comments raised in the shepherd’s review, thanks Pascal.

Mališa

> On 13 Jun 2019, at 17:42, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch