Subject: [6tisch] Normative references in Archie

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 08:23:22 +0000

Dear all :

Following the latest round of IESG reviews and upon a suggestion by Mirja seconded by Benjamin, we promoted a number of references to normative in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-25

This means that Archie will not ship until all of these references are RFC. A positive side effect is that it is possible to update Archie to fit any change that would happen to these specs between now and publication.
This is in particular relevant when section numbers are used with the references. A particular mention to minimal security that is the reference repository for security considerations.

Most of these specs are well-advanced, and apart from MSF passed WGLC. So we're not talking about waiting forever. It's just that Archie has also a role of cataloguing the efforts that we made over the years and pointing the reader to the relevant publication with the overall goal to make IETF's IOT work more accessible.

The least advanced specs are MSF and RPL-unaware leaves. I'll be trying to give them more focus to get the picture complete. I'd have loved to make the zerotouch spec normative as well, depends on the content that is added there and on the progress on constrained voucher by the time we're ready to ship Archie.

All the best

Pascal

PS The full list on normative references still in progress, from the least to the most advanced, is:

                                         Spec                                                                                                      Status

   [I-D.ietf-roll-unaware-leaves]                            Active in ROLL WG

   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-msf]                                     Active in 6TiSCH WG

   [I-D.ietf-6lo-backbone-router]                            Passed WGLC, pending 6MAN review by Tim Winters

   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon]        Passed WGLC, pending I-D Revision for nits

   [I-D.ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery]                          Passed WGLC, pending Shepherd publication request

   [I-D.ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment]                           Passed WGLC, pending Shepherd publication request

   [I-D.ietf-6lo-ap-nd]                                      AD Evaluation

   [I-D.ietf-6tisch-minimal-security]                        AD Evaluation

   [I-D.ietf-roll-useofrplinfo]                              RFC Ed Queue: EDIT

   [I-D.ietf-detnet-architecture]                            RFC Ed Queue: AUTH48