Subject: [6tisch] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 06:30:03 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my discuss points and also other editorial comments!

Also great that you clarified/introduced COJP_MAX_JOIN_ATTEMPTS; I think that
also a really good change!

-----------------
I only leave this old comment in here because it wasn't further discussed:

I'm putting this one question in the comments section because there is no
concern that it does not work as specified but I wonder about the design of the
Parameter Update Response Message. Given the Parameter Update Message is a
confirmable CoAP message that is transmitted reliable and the content of the
Parameter Update Response Message is empty, why do you need to send the
Parameter Update Response Message at all?

---

From: Mališa Vučinić <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 15:37:07 +0100

Dear Mirja,

Thank you for the prompt reaction! The Parameter Update Response message has been removed in the latest version as it was indeed redundant given that the Parameter Update Message is a CoAP CON. Thank you for that remark!

Regards,
Mališa

> On 5 Dec 2019, at 15:30, Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 15:58:00 +0100

Ah, great, missed that edit. That makes sense! Thanks!

> On 5. Dec 2019, at 15:37, Mališa Vučinić <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear Mirja,
>