Subject: [6tisch] Protocol Action: 'Constrained Join Protocol (CoJP) for 6TiSCH' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 12:08:56 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Constrained Join Protocol (CoJP) for 6TiSCH'
  (draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Éric Vyncke and Suresh Krishnan.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a new Constrained Join Protocol (CoJP) and the
   associated framework required for a new device, called "pledge", to
   securely join a 6TiSCH network by leveraging a central server, the JRC.
   The framework requires that the pledge and the JRC share a symmetric key
   before the join process starts (pre-shared key). How this key is
   provisioned is out of scope of this document.  
   
   Through a single CoAP request-response exchange secured by OSCORE, the
   pledge requests admission into the network and the JRC configures it
   with link-layer keying material and other parameters. 
   
   Join Request and Join Response messages defined for this purpose are to
   be used as a generic transport based on CoAP for AKE messages between
   the pledge and the JRC, through a Join Proxy. This enables bidirectional
   communication of the pledge and the JRC, triggered by the pledge. 
   
   What AKE transports within those messages is not very relevant,
   be it PSK, RPK or cert-authenticated DH. Once AKE completes and a
   shared secret is in place at the pledge and the JRC, the join exchange
   from this draft can take place, secured with OSCORE keys derived from
   the shared secret.

Working Group Summary

   There was a controversy on OSCORE that this draft uses. OSCORE is now
   approved by IESG. The draft does not have a dependency on EDHOC.
   The chairs launched a second shorted WGLC after IETF 103.
   More in https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg02875.html.
   Issues raised by Göran Selander are now solved in -10
   More in https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg02973.html

Document Quality

  The protocol is implemented in OpenWSN.

Personnel

  Pascal Thubert is the Document Shepherd. Suresh Krishnan is the Responsible Area Director.

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 21:28:23 +0000

Malisa and all: great work and congrats!!!

Pascal

Début du message transféré :

Expéditeur: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 décembre 2019 à 21:09:50 UTC+1
Destinataire: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>, "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>, "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Objet: Protocol Action: 'Constrained Join Protocol (CoJP) for 6TiSCH' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-15.txt)

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

---

From: Xavi Vilajosana Guillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 06:27:05 +0100

This is a needed standard. Congratulations!
X

Missatge de Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]> del dia dc., 11
de des. 2019 a les 22:28:

> *Expéditeur:* The IESG <[email-masked]>
> *Date:* 11 décembre 2019 à 21:09:50 UTC+1
> *Destinataire:* IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* The IESG <[email-masked]>, "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <
> [email-masked]>, "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>, "
> [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <
> [email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <
> [email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <
> [email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]
> >
> *Objet:* *Protocol Action: 'Constrained Join Protocol (CoJP) for 6TiSCH'
> to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-15.txt)*
>
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>

-- 
Dr. Xavier Vilajosana
Wireless Networks Lab

*Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)Professor*
(+34) 646 633 681
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
http://xvilajosana.org
http://wine.rdi.uoc.edu
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av Carl Friedrich Gauss 5, B3 Building
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona). Catalonia. Spain

-- 

INFORMACIÓ SOBRE PROTECCIÓ DE DADES DE LA UNIVERSITAT OBERTA DE 
CATALUNYA (UOC)

Us informem que les vostres dades identificatives i les 
contingudes en els missatges electrònics i fitxers adjunts es poden 
incorporar a les nostres bases de dades amb la finalitat de gestionar les 
relacions i comunicacions vinculades a la UOC, i que es poden conservar 
mentre es mantingui la relació. Si ho voleu, podeu exercir el dret a 
accedir a les vostres dades, rectificar-les i suprimir-les i altres drets 
reconeguts normativament adreçant-vos a l'adreça de correu emissora o a 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.

Aquest missatge i qualsevol 
fitxer que porti adjunt, si escau, tenen el caràcter de confidencials i 
s'adrecen únicament a la persona o entitat a qui s'han enviat.

Així 
mateix, posem a la vostra disposició un delegat de protecció de dades que 
no només s'encarregarà de supervisar tots els tractaments de dades de la 
nostra entitat, sinó que us podrà atendre per a qualsevol qüestió 
relacionada amb el tractament de dades. La seva adreça de contacte és 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.
INFORMACIÓN SOBRE PROTECCIÓN DE DATOS DE 
LA UNIVERSITAT OBERTA DE CATALUNYA (UOC)
Os informamos de que vuestros 
datos identificativos y los contenidos en los mensajes electrónicos y 
ficheros adjuntos pueden incorporarse a nuestras bases de datos con el fin 
de gestionar las relaciones y comunicaciones vinculadas a la UOC, y de que 
pueden conservarse mientras se mantenga la relación. Si lo deseáis, podéis 
ejercer el derecho a acceder a vuestros datos, rectificarlos y suprimirlos 
y otros derechos reconocidos normativamente dirigiéndoos a la dirección de 
correo emisora o a [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.
Este mensaje y 
cualquier fichero que lleve adjunto, si procede, tienen el carácter de 
confidenciales y se dirigen únicamente a la persona o entidad a quien se 
han enviado.
Así mismo, ponemos a vuestra disposición a un delegado de 
protección de datos que no solo se encargará de supervisar todos los 
tratamientos de datos de nuestra entidad, sino que podrá atenderos para 
cualquier cuestión relacionada con el tratamiento de datos. Su dirección de 
contacto es [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.

UNIVERSITAT OBERTA DE 
CATALUNYA (UOC) DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Your personal data and the data 
contained in your email messages and attached files may be stored in our 
databases for the purpose of maintaining relations and communications 
linked to the UOC, and the data may be stored for as long as these 
relations and communications are maintained. If you so wish, you can 
exercise your rights to access, rectification and erasure of your data, and 
any other legally held rights, by writing to the sender’s email address or 
to [email-masked] <http://[email-masked]>.
This message and, where 
applicable, any attachments are confidential and addressed solely to the 
individual or organization they were sent to.
The UOC has a data protection 
officer who not only supervises the data processing carried out at the 
University, but who will also respond to any questions you may have about 
this data processing. You can contact our data protection officer by 
writing to [email-masked] <http://[email-masked]>.