Subject: [6tisch] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 08:34:24 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Thank you for addressing my DISCUSS position, cleared ]

I found this document to be well written, and helpfully explained the
background, issue, etc. Thank you!

Question:
"Pledges which have not yet enrolled are unable to authenticate the beacons,
and will be forced to temporarily take the contents on faith. After enrollment,
a newly enrolled node will be able to return to the beacon and validate it."
Yes, this is true - a newly enrolled node will be able to do this -- but I
don't see a suggestion / requirement that they actually *do* so. I'm perfectly
capable of picking up my socks, but.... :-)

Nit:
"Although However, even in this case, a" - typo / redundancy.

Please also see Qin Wu's Opsdir review
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-08-opsdir-lc-wu-2020-01-21/),
which has some useful questions / nits.