Subject: [6tisch] RFC 9032 on Encapsulation of 6TiSCH Join and Enrollment Information Elements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 21:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9032

        Title:      Encapsulation of 6TiSCH Join and 
                    Enrollment Information Elements 
        Author:     D. Dujovne, Ed.,
                    M. Richardson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9032

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9032

In the Time-Slotted Channel Hopping (TSCH) mode of IEEE Std 802.15.4,
opportunities for broadcasts are limited to specific times and
specific channels.  Routers in a TSCH network transmit Enhanced
Beacon (EB) frames to announce the presence of the network.  This
document provides a mechanism by which additional information
critical for new nodes (pledges) and long-sleeping nodes may be
carried within the EB in order to conserve use of broadcast
opportunities.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC