Subject: [6tsch] charter: new language security work item

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:50:15 +0200

All,

Per the discussion on the mailing list, and during yesterday's call, we
slightly modified the language for the security work item.

That section now reads:

7. Produce "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements", and depending on
the security requirements identified in the document, the group may work on
a security solution and ask for security area review.
This document will aim at Informational.

This change was pushed to the charter's repository at
https://bitbucket.org/6tsch/charter-ietf-6tsch/src/

Thomas

---

From: Subir Das <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 11:15:23 -0400

Hi Thomas,
Sorry I was not able to join the call yesterday. I assume the sentence "This
document will aim at Informational." implies to the requirements and
architecture document not the solution document if the group wants to
develop it. So it would be good if we clarify it. So my suggestion would be
to change the sentence as  "The security architecture and
requirements document will aim at an Informational document."

Thanks,
_Subir

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> 7. Produce "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements", and depending
> on the security requirements identified in the document, the group may work
> on a security solution and ask for security area review.
> _______________________________________________
> 6tsch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tsch
>
>

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 23:38:45 +0200

Subir,

I see how this language can lead to confusion. As you correctly point out,
it's the "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements" document which aims
at Informational, not the document describing the actual solution if/when
we decide to create it.

I've updated the charter text and slides. You'll find the latest version at
[1]. The language now reads:

7. Produce "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements", and depending on
the security requirements identified in the document, the group may work on
a security solution and ask for security area review.
The "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements" document will aim at
Informational.

Thanks for spotting the potentially confusing text.

Thomas

[1] https://bitbucket.org/6tsch/charter-ietf-6tsch/src

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Subir Das <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Thomas Watteyne <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>

---

From: Subir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:56:20 +0200

Thanks Thomas

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2013, at 11:38 PM, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Subir,
> 
> I see how this language can lead to confusion. As you correctly point out, it's the "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements" document which aims at Informational, not the document describing the actual solution if/when we decide to create it.
> 
> I've updated the charter text and slides. You'll find the latest version at [1]. The language now reads:
> 
> 7. Produce "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements", and depending on the security requirements identified in the document, the group may work on a security solution and ask for security area review.
> The "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements" document will aim at Informational.
> 
>> Sorry I was not able to join the call yesterday. I assume the sentence "This document will aim at Informational." implies to the requirements and architecture document not the solution document if the group wants to develop it. So it would be good if we clarify it. So my suggestion would be to change the sentence as  "The security architecture and requirements document will aim at an Informational document."
>>  
>> Thanks,
>> _Subir
>> 
>> 
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> All,
>>> 
>>> Per the discussion on the mailing list, and during yesterday's call, we slightly modified the language for the security work item.
>>> 
>>> That section now reads:
>>> 
>>> 7. Produce "6TSCH Security architecture and requirements", and depending on the security requirements identified in the document, the group may work on a security solution and ask for security area review.
>>> This change was pushed to the charter's repository at https://bitbucket.org/6tsch/charter-ietf-6tsch/src/
>>> 
>>> Thomas
>>>