Subject: [6tsch] draft-wang-6tsch-6top-00 has been published

From: Qin Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:42:24 +0800

Dear All,

We have published draft-wang-6tsch-6top-00. The main changes are:
(1) replace the name "6tus sublayer" with "6TSCH Operation Sublayer (6top)"
(2) Add Label Switching commands
(3) Add TrackID concept and make related modification.

Any suggestions and comments are appropriated.

Thanks
Qin

*****************************************************

A new version of I-D, draft-wang-6tsch-6top-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Qin Wang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename: draft-wang-6tsch-6top
Revision: 00
Title: 6TSCH Operation Sublayer (6top)
Creation date: 2013-07-13
Group: Individual Submission
Number of pages: 60
URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-6tsch-6top-00.txt
Status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-6tsch-6top
Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-6tsch-6top-00

Abstract:
The recently published [IEEE802154e] standard formalizes the concept
of link-layer resources in LLNs. Nodes are synchronized and follow a
schedule. A time slot in that schedule corresponds to an atomic
link-layer resource, and can be allocated to any pair of neighbors in
the network. This allows the schedule to be built to tightly match
each node's bandwidth, latency and energy constraints, while ensuring
collision-free communication. The [IEEE802154e] standard does not,
however, present a mechanism to do so, as building and managing the
schedule is out of the standard's scope. Routing layers such as the
IETF IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL) provide a mechanism to
route multipoint-to-point traffic (from devices inside the LLN
towards a central control point) and point-to-multipoint traffic
(from the central control point to the devices inside the LLN).
Network layer overlays cannot be optimized and adapted to take
advantage of the cell-based topology created by the underlying TSCH
MAC layer as a missing set of functionalities need to be defined.
This document describes the 6TSCH Operation Sublayer (6top) and the
main commands it provides to upper network layers such as RPL or
GMPLS. The set of functionalities includes feedback metrics from
cell states so network layers can take routing decisions, TSCH
configuration and control procedures, and the support for centralized
and decentralized scheduling policies. In addition, 6top can be
configured to enable packet switching at layer 2.5, analogous to
GMPLS. Once a multi-hop track is defined, input cells can be mapped
to output cells and packets can be relayed without the need of higher
layer routing. 6top defines the operations so input cells and output
cells can be mapped and the configuration maintained.

The IETF Secretariat