Subject: [71attendees] News You Can Use

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:39:23 -0500

1.  Avoid Registration Fee Increase - Pay Today!
2.  Social Tickets - Pay or Forfeit Ticket - Wait List
3.  Transportation info
4.  What to see and do
5.  Welcome 1st Time Attendees!
6.  Marriott Downtown

1. Avoid Registration Fee Increase - Pay Today!

Registration fee increases by $150 at 5:01 PM ET. Be sure to pay by that 
time!
Increase does not affect full-time students.
https://www.amsl.com/ietf/ietfpayment.py

2. Social Tickets

The IETF 71 Social is currently "sold out." However, of the 500 tickets 
available, 105 people have reserved tickets but not yet paid.  People 
have until 11:30 a.m. ET, Monday, March 10th to pay.  The best way to do 
this is to pay online now, at https://www.amsl.com/ietf/ietfpayment.py.  
You can also pay online when you pay for the rest of your registration 
or on-site in Philadelphia by 11:30 a.m. ET, Monday, March 10th.

At 11:31 a.m., all unpaid tickets will be released to the wait list.  
Join the wait list at https://www.amsl.com/ietf/socialwaitlist.py

3.  Transportation
See http://ietf71.comcast.net/?page_id=4 provided by our Host, Comcast.

4. What to see and do
Comcast has set up a site with info on what to see, where to eat, and 
what to do while in Philly - http://ietf71.comcast.net/  Thanks Comcast!

5. Welcome 1st Time Attendees!
We have nearly 200 1st time attendees registered for IETF 71.  Welcome 
all! We hope this will be the start of your f2f particpation in the 
IETF.  Survey Says: Most attendees believe the networking is a 
significant reason to come to the meetings. 

Don't forget to attend the Newcomers Training on Sunday at 1:00, the 
Welcome Reception at 5:00 pm, and you may want to consider the RFC 
Editor's training, if not this time perhaps in Dublin!

6. Marriott Downtown
There may be rooms available in the Headquarters Hotel because they are 
not full or due to cancellations. Although at this moment Thursday night 
is booked.
They are to honor the group rate ($189 USD, Single) until 9 March, if 
rooms available.
Info: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-hotels.html
Reservation: 
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phldt-philadelphia-marriott-downtown/  
group code IETIETA
Tel: +1-215-625-2900 or 1-800-320-5744
Fax: +1-215-625-6000

_______________________________________________
71attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/71attendees

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:11:29 -0800

At 5:39 AM -0500 2/29/08, Ray Pelletier wrote:
>We have nearly 200 1st time attendees registered for IETF 71. 
>Welcome all! We hope this will be the start of your f2f particpation 
>in the IETF.  Survey Says: Most attendees believe the networking is 
>a significant reason to come to the meetings.

And don't forget to read the Tao of the IETF 
<http://www.ietf.org/tao.html>. If you have any comments on the Tao, 
please feel free to send them to me off-list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium