Subject: [75attendees] Ticket for Sunday Welcome Reception?

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:20:13 -0700

If anyone has a ticket for the Sunday Welcome Reception that is not 
needed, please let me know.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
The reliability of machinery is inversely proportional to the
number and significance of any persons watching it.

---

From: Richard Lamb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:00:12 -0700

and right behind him - me too.  An extra ticket would be appreciated.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Randall Gellens<[email-masked]> wrote:
> If anyone has a ticket for the Sunday Welcome Reception that is not needed,
> please let me know.
>
> --
> Randall Gellens
> _______________________________________________
> 75attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/75attendees
>

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:32:15 -0400

Make that three ....

---

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:36:12 -0500

Make that four ...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of Andrew G. Malis
> Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:32 PM
> To: Richard Lamb
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [75attendees] Ticket for Sunday Welcome Reception?
> 
> Make that three ....
>

---

From: Yi Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:53:45 -0500

Make that five and six ...

Yi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:36 PM
To: Andrew G. Malis; Richard Lamb
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [75attendees] Ticket for Sunday Welcome Reception?

Make that four ...

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:25:00 +0100

Is this the first IETF to have tickets for the reception?

Tim

-- 
Tim

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:24:33 +0200

> Is this the first IETF to have tickets for the reception?

Yes. If you indicated you want to attend it will be in your  
registration package. Please note that the secretariat has a waiting  
list and is now actively trying to get back tickets that are in danger  
of going unused, so I would suggest that anyone who doesn't want to go  
and has a ticked return it to the secretariat and anyone who wants to  
go and doesn't have a ticket ask to be put on the waitinglist. 500  
people asking for tickets on this list isn't really useful.

---

From: "Antoin Verschuren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:27:19 +0200

7,8,9.

Need 3 more tickets, though I wonder I need a tickets for small children that don't drink or eat.
I'll be at the meeting venue from 10:00 - 16:15 on Sunday.
Contact me if you don't use your ticket:

Antoin Verschuren

Technical Policy Advisor SIDN
Utrechtseweg 310, PO Box 5022, 6802 EA Arnhem, The Netherlands

P: +31 26 3525500  F: +31 26 3525505  M: +31 6 23368970
mailto:[email-masked]  xmpp:[email-masked]  http://www.sidn.nl/

> On Behalf Of Yi Zhao
> Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:54 AM
> To: 'Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)'; 'Andrew G. Malis'; 'Richard Lamb'
> Cc: [email-masked]
> On

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:12:53 +0100

> people asking for tickets on this list isn't really useful.

The problem is that in the past you could join the reception whether you
ticked the Yes box or not on the registration.    Now, what was a MAY has
become a MUST.   The tickbox looked like any other usual IETF welcome
reception tickbox, where in fact it seems more like a second social.

Personally I think it's fantastic our hosts laid this on, but I think
many of us after a zillion previous registrations have been a little
caught out.    The problem I suspect is a bunch of people who have tickets
but won't go unless they can find a ticket for their partner won't hand
back their own ticket in case they can find a second one.   Deadlock.

BTW you can easily check whether you did book or not here if you don't
have your registration to hand:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf75/sendconfirmno.py

-- 
Tim

---

From: "George, Wes E [NTK]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:36:47 -0500

+1

Or perhaps our registrar might set up a waiting list for tickets that become available?

Thanks,
Wes
_________________________________
Wesley George
Sprint
Core Network Engineering - IP
O:703-689-7505   M:703-864-4902
http://www.sprint.net

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Richard Lamb
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 7:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [75attendees] Ticket for Sunday Welcome Reception?

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:29:43 -0400

+1

However, I'm confused: The registration page said "Sold Out" when I
registered, but the information page (on ietf75.se) says that "tickets
are handed to you when you register".  It's not clear to me whether
there's actually an access control issue or whether tickets are just
being handed out at registration rather than pre-provisioned.

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:01:40 -0400

> being handed out at registration rather than pre-provisioned.

If you clicked on the registration button, there will be tickets in  
your package when you
register.

Regards
Marshall

>> This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary  
>> information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use  
>> by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,  
>> please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.
>>
>> This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary  
>> information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use  
>> by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,  
>> please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.
>>

Marshall Eubanks
CTO / Iformata Communications
[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:09:24 -0400

Does that imply that if there was no button to register for the
welcome reception (just "Sold out"), then there will *not* be tickets
in your packet?

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Marshall
Eubanks<[email-masked]> wrote:
> If you clicked on the registration button, there will be tickets in your
> package when you
> register.
>
> Regards
> Marshall
>
>
>>
>>> This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information
>>> intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is
>>> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
>>> and delete all copies of the message.
>>>
>>> On Behalf Of Richard Lamb
>>> This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information
>>> intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is
>>> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
>>> and delete all copies of the message.
>>>

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:11:27 +0200

> welcome reception (just "Sold out"), then there will *not* be tickets

Yes.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:18:42 -0400

You needed one the last time we (the IETF) were in Stockholm.  For me,
it remains one of the most memorable/worthwhile receptions. (Even though
I didn't get any food ;-)

Lou

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:38:45 +0200

Lou, and others,

The lack of (enough) food at the reception last IETF in Stockholm was  
because of a misunderstanding between myself and the people at the  
City Hall. When I requested an increased number of tickets, I took for  
granted they talked with the kitchen and also increased the amount of  
food. They thought I also called the kitchen. The rest is a memorable  
story...

I have of course told the host this year about that story.

Once again, my apologies to the people that still remember that we run  
out of food after about 23 seconds last time.

But yes, you needed a ticket last time in Stockholm as well.

    Patrik

On 21 jul 2009, at 20.18, Lou Berger wrote:

>>>>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Randall Gellens<[email-masked] 
>>>>> >
>>>> wrote:

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:49:07 -0400

Patrik,
	The lack of food was more than made for by the wonderful venue & event.
 Thank you for organizing it!  I'm just sorry I can't be there this time
around.

(Yeah, I know I'm a few years late in my thanks.)

Lou

On 7/21/2009 2:38 PM, Patrik Fältström wrote:
> because of a misunderstanding between myself and the people at the City
> Hall. When I requested an increased number of tickets, I took for
>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Randall
>>>>>> Gellens<[email-masked]>
>>>>> wrote:
> .

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:18:36 -0700

>  reception tickbox, where in fact it seems more like a second social.

I think a large part of the problem is also that the number of people 
was limited, but no advance notice of this was given (if it was, I 
missed it).  Hence, while I was aware of the early-bird registration 
fee cut-off date, I was not aware that there was an earlier, 
floating, effective date for welcome reception registration.  Like 
many of us, I always participate in the welcome reception and look 
forward to it as a way to talk to people about work in progress and 
the week to come.  I was very surprised when I registered and found 
that it wasn't possible to attend.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Programs that crash have been proven to be less useful than those
that don't.  --Apple Technical Note OV04 (formerly Technote #117)
                developer.apple.com/technotes/ov/ov_04.html

---

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:17:49 +0200

Well, actually I am disappointed as well. 
Since it is not common to register to the welcome reception, I did not
put attention to it when I registered. 
I hope more tickets will be available, and that we will all be able to
participate in the welcome reception.
Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of ext Randall Gellens
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:19 AM
To: Tim Chown; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [75attendees] Ticket for Sunday Welcome Reception?