Subject: [75attendees] Laundry near the hotel?

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:19:00 -0400

Hi All,

I'm trying to find laundry facilities near the hotel, hopefully open on
Sunday.  Any recommendations?  The hotel doesn't seem to have anything
listed, and I didn't see anything on the IETF75 site (although I might
have missed it).   A simple coin-op laundry would be great.

Thanks,

-derek
-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

+1 617 623 3745 | [email-masked]

PGP Corporation -- Rest Secured.(TM)

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 04:39:16 +0200

> have missed it).   A simple coin-op laundry would be great.

Coinop laundry is not something that really exists in Sweden, as  
everyone do have (at least a shared) laundry machine, but what do  
exist are places here and there where you can hand your laundry to  
someone that do the laundry for you. Normally for more delicate  
clothing, but I know they can also do laundry "by weight".

The closest I can find is http://www.drottningtvatten.se/, although it  
does not list explicitly they do not charge by the piece of clothes  
(like a hotel).

<http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Drottninggatan+90,+11121+Stockholm,+Sweden&geocode=CcvUlqimTqukFQ1niQMdWI0TAQ&dirflg=&saddr=Barnhusgatan+12,+11123+Stockholm,+Sweden&f=d&sll=59.337129,18.058605&sspn=0.011928,0.028539&ie=UTF8&z=17 

More promising seems to be Tvättomaten (http://www.tvattomaten.com/index/index/language/Eng 
), that also say they have "do it yourself service". They even say "We  
provide a unique alternative for tourists since Tvattomaten is the  
only laundry in Stockholm which includes self-service.".

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=barnhusgatan+10+stockholm&daddr=V%C3%A4stmannag.+61,+11325+Stockholm,+Sweden+(Tv%C3%A4ttomaten)&hl=en&geocode=%3BFTNniQMdsXUTASFDCnXL_VIiaw&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=59.337042,18.055665&sspn=0.005964,0.014269&ie=UTF8&z=16 

    Patrik

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 02:24:16 -0400

Patrik,

Patrik Fältström wrote:
> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
> 
> everyone do have (at least a shared) laundry machine, but what do exist
> are places here and there where you can hand your laundry to someone
> that do the laundry for you. Normally for more delicate clothing, but I
> know they can also do laundry "by weight".
> 
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Drottninggatan+90,+11121+Stockholm,+Sweden&geocode=CcvUlqimTqukFQ1niQMdWI0TAQ&dirflg=&saddr=Barnhusgatan+12,+11123+Stockholm,+Sweden&f=d&sll=59.337129,18.058605&sspn=0.011928,0.028539&ie=UTF8&z=17>
> 
> 
> More promising seems to be Tvättomaten
> (http://www.tvattomaten.com/index/index/language/Eng), that also say
> they have "do it yourself service". They even say "We provide a unique
> alternative for tourists since Tvattomaten is the only laundry in
> Stockholm which includes self-service.".
> 
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=barnhusgatan+10+stockholm&daddr=V%C3%A4stmannag.+61,+11325+Stockholm,+Sweden+(Tv%C3%A4ttomaten)&hl=en&geocode=%3BFTNniQMdsXUTASFDCnXL_VIiaw&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=59.337042,18.055665&sspn=0.005964,0.014269&ie=UTF8&z=16>

Thanks.  This place does look promising.  Thank you.  * fingers crossed
I can get there Saturday morning *

-derek

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

---

From: Brent Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 06:53:01 +0200

2009/7/21 Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>

> More promising seems to be Tvättomaten (
> http://www.tvattomaten.com/index/index/language/Eng), that also say they
> have "do it yourself service". They even say "We provide a unique
> alternative for tourists since Tvattomaten is the only laundry in Stockholm
> which includes self-service.".
>
> <
> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=barnhusgatan+10+stockholm&daddr=V%C3%A4stmannag.+61,+11325+Stockholm,+Sweden+(Tv%C3%A4ttomaten)&hl=en&geocode=%3BFTNniQMdsXUTASFDCnXL_VIiaw&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=59.337042,18.055665&sspn=0.005964,0.014269&ie=UTF8&z=16
> >
>
>
Thanks, Patrik, for chasing this down for us; however, I believe that the
Google map above is incorrect, and that the address in question is actually
more like 1.0km from the conference centre, rather than just around the
corner as shown on the map above...  The location on the Google Map link you
provided doesn't match the map on their own web site.

If you put in their full street address with the street name fully spelled
out ("Västmannagatan 61" vs. "Västmannag. 61"), you get a map that matches
the one on their own web site:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=from:+barnhusgatan+10+stockholm+to:+V%C3%A4stmannagatan+61,+11325+Stockholm,+Sweden+(Tv%C3%A4ttomaten)&sll=59.337042,18.055665&sspn=0.00592,0.015664&dirflg=w&ie=UTF8&z=15

-Brent
-- 
Brent Chapman <[email-masked]>
Netomata, Inc. -- www.netomata.com
Making networks more cost-effective, reliable, and flexible by automating
network configuration

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:17:41 +0200

> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=from:+barnhusgatan+10+stockholm+to:+V%C3%A4stmannagatan+61,+11325+Stockholm,+Sweden+(Tv%C3%A4ttomaten)&sll=59.337042,18.055665&sspn=0.005…

Sorry, and thanks for checking.

    paf

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:00:57 +0200

On 24 jul 2009, at 6:53, Brent Chapman wrote:

> I believe that the Google map above is incorrect

Yes, Google Maps has steered me wrong many a time. They seem to have  
an especially hard time finding the location of a number within a  
street, but sometimes they even show a completely incorrect location  
for a street.

Hopefully there will come a day when people will publish not only  
their street address but also lattitude/longitude...

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:27:49 -0400

> Sorry, and thanks for checking.

FYI, I visited this place this morning.  It's about a 15 minute walk
north of the Clarion Sign.  For 90 Kroner you get a wash & dry load
cycle that takes about an hour.  You can sit and wait or you can wander
around and come back.  The lady there was very nice.

They are open 08.30-18.00, but the last load must be started by 16.30 or
so I overheard.

And yes, they are further north than Paf's original map.  All the way up
to Odengatn.

> * Unknown Key
> * 0x7D25B8DC

-derek

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7