Subject: [75attendees] Last Call for T-Shirts

From: Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:47:27 +0200

Hello everyone!

Please be advised that the .SE T-shirt table will be shutting down at  
3:00 PM (1500) today (Thursday).  If you have not already picked up  
your T-shirt, please be sure to do so before that time.

Best regards,
Cindy

Cindy Morgan / Project Manager / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117 / Fremont CA 94358
T: +1.510.492.4085 / F: +1.510.492.4001 / http://www.ietf.org
----------
Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS);
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
Website: http://www.amsl.com

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:34:50 +0200

On 30 jul 2009, at 12:47, Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please be advised that the .SE T-shirt table will be shutting down

So will the IETF-76 tshirts glow in the dark? That would be a nice  
touch.

Iljitsch

---

From: vijay gill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:34:58 +0200

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum<[email-masked]> wrote:
> So will the IETF-76 tshirts glow in the dark? That would be a nice touch.
>

Are you kidding me? I am about the very last person in the world to
take offense but this is beyond the pale. I can't believe you'd be so
tasteless and crass as to say this.

/vijay

> Iljitsch
> _______________________________________________
> 75attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/75attendees
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:43:15 +0200

> So will the IETF-76 tshirts glow in the dark? That would be a nice  

congratulations.  you have reached the nadir of rude and sick.

at first i thought the SE shirt must glow in the dark.  i did not even
conceive that you would have the depth of disease to refer to the first
use of a nuclear weapon against human beings.

further words fail me.

randy

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:11:38 +0200

> use of a nuclear weapon against human beings.

I'm sorry that the suggestion wasn't appreciated in the same spirit as  
it was posed.

Consider it retracted.

Iljitsch

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:04:11 +0100

>So will the IETF-76 tshirts glow in the dark? That would be a nice

you're a fat man who has only developed the sense of humor of a little boy.

---

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:58:16 +0200

The link of radioactivity and glow in the dark is always a very goofy joke.
I know that Iljitsch did not mean this in a mean or disrepsectful way. And I
appreciate his apology.
But I think we all are very much aware of the unimaginable horror what
happened in Hiroshima.
For me the bomb in Hiroshima is very personal as well.
My mother is born in the Dutch Indies (Indonesia) and she was in a Japanese
prison camp.
Her life was saved thanks to the nuclear bomb in Hiroshima.
Had it been a few days later, I would not exist. Since the camp Amarang (I
think that was the name) was to be cleared the same week to free up the
Japanese troops who had to defend Japan. All women and kids would be killed.
Very scary how a close call this was.

So for me it was good that the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. But still I wish
that this did not happen. That a more humane solution had been possible. The
people of Hiroshima did not deserve to suffer in this way. It was and is
still a deep tragedy that will span generations. That is war.

I have no issues or problems with the Japanese people. I am looking forward
to go to Japan again. It is a beautiful country and wonderful amazing
people.
And I will go to the monument/memorial about the bomb. For the people of
Hiroshima and for me.

/Arnoud

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:75attendees-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Iljitsch van Beijnum
> Sent: donderdag 30 juli 2009 18:12
> To: Randy Bush
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [75attendees] Last Call for T-Shirts
>