Subject: [75attendees] Seeking historic Tier-1 pricing info

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:59:47 +0300

Hi,

we figured the IETF might be a place to initiate some data mining
for some little project we are doing at Helsinki University of
Technology (TKK Comnet):

We are trying to assess the trends over time in Tier-1 pricing
covering the last two decades and try to collect as many data
points as possible.  For this purpose, we'd like to get in touch
with people who might be able to help us in this respect.

We are well aware of the sensitivity of such data and have thought
about this (most importantly, we care more about trends and ratios
that absolute numbers and we won't use any names :-)

Tapio Levä (in CC), who is our point of contact for the practical
matters, will be around till Wednesday, Jukka and myself till
Friday noon.

Please drop us a quick private note so we can arrange for an
informal chat.  We can also discuss by mail after the IETF, but
it would be great if we could make a quick start here.

Tapio, Jukka, Joerg (and Heikki)