Subject: [75attendees] History Channel show on Vasa

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:19:13 -0400

My TiVo happened to catch an episode last Saturday of Mega Movers on the 
History International channel entitled "Extreme Ocean Salvage". It 
discusses the salvage of 3 different sunken ships, one of which is the 
Vasa; the other two ships are the Normandie and the Mary Rose. The show 
dates back to 2007.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

---

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:01:27 +0200

On 17 aug 2009, at 15:19, Tony Hansen wrote:

> My TiVo happened to catch an episode last Saturday of Mega Movers on  
> the History International channel entitled "Extreme Ocean Salvage".  
> It discusses the salvage of 3 different sunken ships, one of which  
> is the Vasa; the other two ships are the Normandie and the Mary  
> Rose. The show dates back to 2007.
>

Related (and completely off-topic for an IETF list :-) )

A recent discovery in the archipelago (like about a month ago) is a 40  
meter 17th century ship. Fairly intact, and probably of Dutch origin.

The ship is a "fluit" (flute), a common type of ship used for baltic  
sea trade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX4OnYldBfw

--Olaf