Subject: [76all] Welcome to IETF 76 in Hiroshima!

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 18:43:38 -0500

1. Welcome
2. Host Speaker Series: Dr Jun Murai, Challenges to the Future in WIDE  
Project
3. Meeting Communications
4. NomCom Office Hours
5. IAOC Office Hours
6. Attend more than one session at a time
7. What to Do - See Host website http://www.ietf76.jp/
8. Know More About Your Colleagues attending IETF 76
9. Add or Update your Profile
10. The Tao of IETF - http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

1.  Welcome to IETF 76 in Hiroshima Japan hosted by the WIDE Project http://www.wide.ad.jp/ 
  .  There are nearly 1,100 people attending so far, and more than 300  
first timers.  This 75All list is used for 1-way administrative  
announcements by the Secretariat, the IETF Chair, the NOC, and myself,  
the IAD.  It will be used sparingly.

2.  Host Speaker Series: Challenges to the Future in WIDE Project
	Jun Murai, Ph.D. and WIDE Project Director will discuss challenges to  
the future of the WIDE Project.   Dr. Murai  is the Dean/Professor,  
Faculty of Environment and Information Studies, Keio University, and  
the Chair of the AI3 Project and the SOI Asia Project.  For more  
information: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/76/documents/JunMurai.pdf

	The presentation will be in Orchid Centre from 12:00 to 12:45.   
Seating is very limited.  Note: Lunch will not be served at this event.

3.  Meeting Communications
   Network & Audio Streaming Issues:		[email-masked]
   Meeting Trouble Desk all other Issues: [email-masked]
   Comms among attendees: 					[email-masked]
	    Subscribe/Unsubscribe:  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/76attendees

4.  NomCom Office Hours
	Nomcom is in the process of reviewing the nominees for the various  
open positions as summarized on the Nomcom wiki:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/

	NomCom needs more community feedback including from current members  
of the various I* organizations.  This community feedback is critical  
for this process to be effective.   Feedback can be on specific  
individuals, specific positions,
leadership in general, IETF operations or on other issues which you
believe the nomcom should consider in their deliberations.  Please  
keep in
mind that due to the confidentiality of the Nomcom process, the nomcom
members are very limited in the information that they may share with the
community.

	If you would like to schedule an appointment, please send a request  
to [email-masked]. Alternatively, please find one of the Nomcom  
members (wearing an orange dot) at the meeting and share your thoughts  
or drop by the Nomcom office - Orion room on the 7th floor.

	NomCo will be available in the Orion on the 7th floor :
	Mon 11/09/09: 	15:20-17:20
	Tues 11/10/09: 	11:40-12:50
	Wed 11/11/09: 	9:00 - 11:30,  13:00-15:00	
	Thurs 11/12/09:  8:00-9:00
	Fri 11/13/09:  9:00-9:50, 10:40-12:50

5.  IAOC Office Hours
	An opportunity to discuss the administrative support of the IETF and  
offer 	suggestions for improvement in room Katsura on the 4th floor.

	Wednesday: 	16:10 - 16:30
	Thursday:		16:10 - 16:30

6.  Attend more than one session at a time
	While you are participating in one session you may want to monitor  
events in another at the same time with the IETF meetings' Audio  
Streaming and Jabber services. Just click on the appropriate icon for  
the session at:
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/76/#2009-11-09_0800

7.  What to Do - See Host website http://www.ietf76.jp/

8.  Know More About Your Colleagues attending IETF 76
	Over 150 of your colleagues have added profile links - LinkedIn,  
Facebook, Corporate, personal websites and blogs -when they  
registered, and more are doing so hourly.

	See these Profiles at https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf76/attendance.py 
  by logging in with your meeting registration confirmation number and  
email address.

9. Add or Update your Profile
	Didn't add a Profile link when you registered?  You still can!
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf76/editprofile.py

10.  The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering  
Task Force
	http://www.ietf.org/tao.html