Subject: [78all] Hotel Cancellation Policy and Hotel Internet Service

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:36:08 -0400

All;

Earlier today I and Secretariat met with the Maastricht Booking Service to express our extreme displeasure with the cancellation policy as it was being applied by hotels and the quality of the hotel's internet.  The cancellation policy for all hotels is as stated on the meeting website, that is, no more than 50% of the room rate per day cancelled.

While we argued for a crediting back of all costs for the hotel Internet service, we were not successful.  However, we were told and recommend to you that  any attendee with a complaint about the quality of the internet access should present that complaint with the hotel reception desk.  As reported on the list, people are having success with getting credit.

Ray
IAD

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 23:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

The network problems at the NH hotel have been fixed thanks to our NOC 
volunteers. It's a longer story than I can tell here, but the bottom 
line is that a lot of these folks worked through the night and deserve 
our thanks and admiration.

The SSID is still "Swisscom" but behind the curtain is connectivity
though the ietf meeting network.

Enjoy!

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj