Subject: [78all] NAT64 Experiment at IETF 78

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:25:08 -0400

I am writing to make you aware of the second experiment of nat64 service
on the network at IETF 78.  It is being run on the ietf-nat64 SSID.  In
short, the ietf-nat64 provides access to:

 - ipv6-only network
 - v6 packets translated to v4 to reach v4 internet
 - v6 packets forwarded to the v6 Internet
 - nat64 does RA and advertise DNS server IPv6 address with
   dhcpv6 stateless
 - for OS that do not support dhcpv6 stateless such as MacOSX,
   configure 2001:df8:0:7::1 as your DNS server IPv6 address
 - improved service compared to Anaheim setup, including bug
   fixes and additional smarts to help MacOSX users
 - you must flush your resolver cache; on MacOSX:
   dscacheutil -flushcache.

More detailed information is available at
http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca/ietf78_network_experiment.html

Real-time statistics are available at http://[2001:df8:0:7::1].
Statistics are collected by only looking at the IP and transport packet
headers.  No other data is collected.  It has been pointed out that some
traffic analysis might be possible from tthis information.

This service is not supported by IETF Meeting NOC. please send questions
to [email-masked].

(Thanks to NLNet Foundation for co-funding this project.)

Enjoy the meeting and this experiment,
  Russ