Subject: [78all] Attendee Bus Passes

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 05:05:12 -0700

Some people have asked us to provide a badge to serve as a bus pass  
for their spouse or traveling companion. Unfortunately, we cannot do  
so for IETF 78 because the IETF is  actually paying for each and every  
registered meeting attendee to ride the bus.

At some meetings, we pay one flat fee regardless of how many people  
use the transportation and, in those cases, we are happy to allow  
traveling companions to benefit. In other instances, transit has been  
subsidized by a host or sponsor and they have extended it to guests of  
IETFers.

But at IETF 78 we are paying for each attendee to use the bus system  
and we simply cannot pay for companions to do so as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Alexa

---------------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>