Subject: [78all] IETF 78 - Maastricht Transportation Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

1) Free City Bus for Attendees
2) Planning Your Route
3) Free Shuttles at Two Hotels
4) Taxis

1) Free City Bus for IETF Attendees
The IETF has arranged for all registered attendees of the IETF 78 to use
the Maastricht City Bus system for FREE during the meeting dates, July
25-30, 2010. In order to use this service, you must show your IETF badge
to the bus driver. You can use your badge to travel anywhere throughout
the city of Maastricht on the bus system during the IETF meeting dates.
For information on bus connections from the various hotels to the MECC
please check: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/78/city-bus-info.html. Bus hours
are between 06:00 (Sundays 07:00) and 24:00. For more information on bus
routes and times, you can go to the transportation website,
http://www.veolia-transport.nl/dienstregeling. Please note that this site
is only available in Dutch.

2) Planning Your Route
If you want to plan the best way to get from place to place in Maastricht,
you can get detailed information and directions at:
http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/. Please note that sometimes it will
recommend that you take the train between the two Maastricht train
stations. While this is an efficient way to get to and from the city
centre, you will need to purchase a ticket as your badge does not serve as
a train pass.

3) Free Shuttles from Novotel and Golden Tulip Apple Park to MECC
If you are staying at either the Novotel or the the Golden Tulip Apple
Park Hotel have their own free shuttle from their hotel to the MECC,
Central Station and City Centre, as well as pick up service. Reservations
for the shuttle needs to be done in advance with the hotel.

4) Taxis
If all else fails, you can call a taxi service. Here are three options:

- Taxi Centrale Frenske, phone: 043-3636362
- Taxi Brull Maastricht, Phone: 043-3430000
- Taxi Centrale TCT, Phone: 043-3633333