Subject: [78all] Free access to KPN hotspots for IETF attendees in Maastricht

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:38:00 -0700

XS4ALL Internet BV and KPN Hotspots is generously offering free access  
to KPN hotspots throughout The Netherlands for the remainder of the  
week, until Saturday.

They want you to be aware that this is a best effort service, meaning:

- they have never tested to the number of attendees we've got (1200)  
so things might break
- most hotspots are connected via ADSL, bandwidth per node can vary  
and will not exceed 20 megabit/s
- this is a group account, in case of abuse or misbehavior they will  
have to pull access for all of you so please don't spoil the party and  
run proper anti-virus software and do anything bad.

To login:

1) Find a KPN hotspot in Maastricht
Google map of Maastricht here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=108447039853577572764.00048c5ecc989f167224a 
. And a list of individual hot spots is found at the bottom of the  
email.

2) Join the wireless named 'KPN'

3) Point your browser to any page, this will redirect to a portal

4) On the portal page, login with the following credentials

	access number:   16740
	access code:         GHAEKB

And push the login button. [Note, these credentials are also posted on  
the Google map page]

This is a group account so you will now be redirected to a seond  
portal asking you for your name, this is an optional step so other  
people might be able to locate you. (It is recommended that you use  
this with care, as they are not sure how the portal will behave with  
such a large numbers of users.) As soon as you are asked for your  
name, you should be able to access the internet.

If you need any support assistance, please send email to Marco  
Hogewoning at [email-masked], or the 78 attendees list. Please do  
not bombard the XS4ALL support desk with calls, as they have never  
handled a group as big as the IETF.

Thank you very much to XS4ALL Internet and KPN for offering this free  
internet access to IETF 78 attendees!

-Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>