Subject: [78attendees] Any chance of coordinating IETFers that might be arriving at the airport at about the same time?

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:43:27 -0700

If I'm going to get lost, I'd rather have company. I suspect there are
other people that feel that way.
Any chance of a wiki or something where we can sign up for when our
flight is arriving, and a suggestion for where
to meet within the airport, so we can have company navigating
the trains to Maastricht?

My flight arrives noon Saturday, into AMS.  Anyone arriiving within an
hour or so of that, on Saturday?

Thanks,

Radia

---

From: "Fahd A. Batayneh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:10:24 +0300

I will be arriving at Schiphol on Saturday at 3.30 PM. Even though it is my
first time in the Netherlands, I am not worried about the train transport to
Maastricht. I have traveled to other European countries, and I conclude that
they all have an almost identical transport system; whether trains, buses,
metros, trams... etc. Probably the best place to wait for folks traveling to
Maastricht is at the train station at the airport

Cheers,

-- FAB
Sent from Amman, Jordan

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 78attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/78attendees
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:51:50 -0400

> the trains to Maastricht?

I can't coordinate with Radia, but I agree with her that coordination
would be fun, useful, and, generally, nice.

I'm scheduled to arrive in Brussels at 9:20 a.m. Sunday, on Delta 140
(from JFK).
Anyone getting to BRU around the same time (or even on the same flight) ?

Barry Leiba

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:12:23 +0200

On 15/07/2010 06:43, Radia Perlman wrote:

> flight is arriving, 

I'd suggest to wear an IETF T-shirt, I've run across more IETF folks
at bag claims, stations, etc,  on my way to the meeting location and
figured out how to get there as a group.

Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confirm today what I denied yesterday.            Anonymous Politician.

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:16:44 +0300

Great idea, and easily done: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/misc/venue/wiki/TranRideBof

I've added Radia and myself. Others, please add yourselves (if you wish)

Yoav

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Radia Perlman
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [78attendees] Any chance of coordinating IETFers that might be arriving at the airport at about the same time?

Thanks,

Radia

---

From: Raj Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:09:29 +0530

I have added my name too. Reaching bit early though on Friday Afternoon.
Anyone planning to reach Maastricht by Friday evening/night ?

Raj Singh

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Yoav Nir <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Great idea, and easily done:
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/misc/venue/wiki/TranRideBof
>
> Subject: [78attendees] Any chance of coordinating IETFers that might be
> arriving at the airport at about the same time?
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:47:50 -0400

> Great idea, and easily done: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/misc/venue/wiki/TranRideBof

Cool; I've added myself, and two who replied to me off-list.

Is there someone who knows BRU, who can suggest a good meeting place?

Barry

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:12:41 -0600

> Is there someone who knows BRU, who can suggest a good meeting place?

Going by visual memory, after customs BRU has a cavernous baggage claim
area that has one exit. Meeting near that exit is probably a good idea
because once out of there you will be in a fairly confined area where
friends and family and limo drivers somewhat chaotically try to find
arriving passengers. From there you'll take escalators or elevators down
to the train station to purchase tickets or access the trains, which is
another possible meeting area (but IIRC there are no seats there).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Fahd A. Batayneh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:36:10 +0300

I was there last month, and I found the train station ticket kiosk to be a
good meeting point

Cheers,

-- FAB
Sent from Amman, Jordan