Subject: [78attendees] (no subject)

From: "G Peeters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:04:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

In a few posting that I saw it was mentioned that the train from the north
(ie from Amsterdam/Eindhoven to Maastricht) splits at Sittard station, but
not exactly how.

Here is how it normally works:

- The first part of the train will continue to Maastricht, the last part
will go to Heerlen.
- If 3 wagons are coupled, the first 2 wagons will go to Maastricht, the
last will go the Heerlen.

But ask the any of the passengers or personnel, they will most likely
speak english.

PS: I saw also some questions about creditcards: Normally ok, but American
Express in restaurants and shops can be a problem sometimes, so I suppose
other typical (?) American cards can cause problems too. Visa and
mastercard : always ok.

Kind regards,
Geert-Jan Peeters

---

From: Klaas Wierenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:30:40 +0200

Geert-Jan,

> other typical (?) American cards can cause problems too. Visa and

The problem is not that Amex is American, the problem is that Amex 
charges shopowners more than other companies. Also in the US some 
shops/restaurants refuse Amex.

Klaas

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:02:03 -0400

> But ask the any of the passengers or personnel, they will most likely

Thanks for answering this.  I was just about to ask.

spt

---

From: "WORLEY, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:34:31 -0400

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Klaas Wierenga [[email-masked]]

The problem is not that Amex is American, the problem is that Amex
charges shopowners more than other companies. Also in the US some
shops/restaurants refuse Amex.
_______________________________________________

Yes -- as a general rule, in the US, any business that caters to business travelers will accept Amex, but many less expensive businesses do not.

Dale