Subject: [78attendees] NH Maastricth hotel wireless network epic fail

From: Tim Shepard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:13:45 -0400

(new thread, for a slightly different topic)

I just stopped by the NH Hotel desk to complain about the failure of
the hotel wireless network for the last two nights.

I was put through to the manager on duty.    I explained to him that
the wireless network failed for me the past two nights and that I am
stuck in a hotel this week without reliable internet and that it
impacts my ability to get work done this week.

I explained that AFAICT everyone else is having the same problem, and
that it is a topic of conversations among those attending the IETF.

Further, I explained to him that the hotel has responsibility for this
failure because it was the hotel which refused the IETFs offer to
provide network in the hotel during this week.

I believe he understood my complaint.    He told me he has received
about 25 similar complaints.

I have two messages from him to the IETF community:

1. He wants everyone who is finding the NH Hotel wireless network
   unusuable to complain at the hotel desk.  This is important to the
   hotel as the hotel evaluates its continuing relationship with the
   provider (swisscom).

2. He wants to get this problem solved, is prepared to do just about
   anything to get it solved, and would welcome any support the IETF
   network folk could provide.  (I didn't try to get into any details
   about exactly how far he could go there.  I suggest this should be
   tested by those who can better test this.)

I'm hoping something can be done soon so that I will be able to get
useful work done from my hotel room the next several evenings/mornings.

			-Tim Shepard
			 [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:19:02 -0400

> (new thread, for a slightly different topic)

thx!
-chris
(headed to complain to the frontdesk, again)

> _______________________________________________
> 78attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/78attendees
>