Subject: [78attendees] does MECC provide some water?

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:45:36 +0800

does MECC provide some water?

I found no water in mecc for drinking.

I rerember that some water will provided in the meeting venue.

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:51:43 +0200

I bring a plastic bottle that I got at AMS.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:56:00 +0200

According to the Agenda there are beverages provided between 8-9 and 
between breaks but not at lunch.  I believe it's supposed to happen in 
the Trajectum Lobby.  That's either where the registration desk 
(1-level) is or on the 0-floor below.

spt

Jiankang YAO wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 78attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/78attendees
>

---

From: Michael Graff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:57:29 +0200

> I rerember that some water will provided in the meeting venue.

I was just wondering the same.  I am unable to even find liquid for
purchase, and it seems rude to attend a meeting just to drink their (too
limited) water supply.

Could we perhaps get some pitchers and glasses somewhere near where the
majority of people are gathering, in the large open cafe area?  Tap
water is fine with me.  Or can we have someone selling bottles near that
area for more than a 2 hour window?

--Michael

---

From: Nils Swart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:57:33 +0200

Note that the tap water here is of better quality than most mineral water
you get served around the world. Saves another few EUR in your hotel that
can be spent on internet access :-)

(it borders the insane that we flush our toilets with it.. But that's a
different discussion..)

-Nils

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:08:11 +0200

> purchase, and it seems rude to attend a meeting just to drink their (too

The restaurant next to the area where the reception was held, sells
bottled water ("spa blauw").  Get one of those bottles, drink it,
refill at the tap in the bathroom.  The quality of tap water is the
same as the bottled water.

> majority of people are gathering, in the large open cafe area?  

Do not ask me why, but this is not customary here.

Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confirm today what I denied yesterday.            Anonymous Politician.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:09:53 -0700

>  can be spent on internet access :-)

I concur -- the tap water here is very tasty (cf San Diego).

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
There will be no lasting peace on our earth as long as politicians and
dictators continue to lead masses of people who are endemically
neurotic and sexually sick.                            --Wilhelm Reich

---

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:11:53 +0800

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Henk Uijterwaal" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: [78attendees] does MECC provide some water?

> same as the bottled water.

:) 
 it is better to do it privately.

---

From: Marco Davids <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:08:15 +0200

On 07/26/2010 11:11 AM, Jiankang YAO wrote:

>> bottled water ("spa blauw").  Get one of those bottles, drinky it,

There is no need for doing this privately, because it's an excellent way
of 'adapting to Dutch customs'. Perfectly acceptable behaviour overhere.
We all do it every so often.

:-)

--
Marco

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:09:23 +0200

there is water in Auditorium 1, on the left side

---

From: Larissa Shapiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:19:34 +0200

Just a data point for thirsty people that inside some auditoriums  
(certainly Auditorium 2) is a water dispenser and cups, near the exit.

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:26:39 -0500

Yes, since lunch they seem to have been putting water in all the meeting
rooms and it's in the registration area near the stairs. I thank whomever
instigated this.

Mary.

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:39:07 +0200

Yes, thank you VERY much. 

I tend to dehydrate anyway, and this venue has been an especially easy place to go without drinking water for hours...

Spencer
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Mary Barnes 
  To: Larissa Shapiro 
  Cc: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 2:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [78attendees] does MECC provide some water?

  Yes, since lunch they seem to have been putting water in all the meeting rooms and it's in the registration area near the stairs. I thank whomever instigated this.  

  Mary.