Subject: [78attendees] Options for SIM-only cell phone service and data plans

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:12:22 -0700

I looked into options for picking up a local SIM chip for my cell
phone, and found that Vodafone offers an "unlimited" data plan for €
9.50.

http://www.vodafone.nl/english/prepaid/prepaid_basic_plan/
http://www.vodafone.nl/english/prepaid/blox/

The rates are particularly good on the Z11 plans, but you have to
order online, in Dutch, with delivery by snail mail. Seems reasonable
to order a chip to your hotel, although if you ordered today I don't
know if it would show up early enough next week to be useful.

If anybody has found other good rates, or can point out where to find
the nearest Vodafone.nl booth at Schipol, please add to this thread!

Cheers,
Aaron

PS -- I'll be using an unlocked iPhone 3GS; perhaps a

---

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:19:33 -0700

> PS -- I'll be using an unlocked iPhone 3GS; perhaps a
finishing this sentence: perhaps an unlock BoF is in order?