Subject: [78attendees] We'll meet again...

From: Marco Davids <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:33:27 +0200

Dear IETF78 attendees,

On behalf of SIDN, the host of the 78th IETF meeting in Maastricht, my
collegues of SIDN and all the kind people involved in organizing this
event, I would like to send a big thank you to each and everyone of you.

We really enjoyed your company this week and sincerely hope you had a
successful meeting and a pleasant stay in Maastricht.

Thank you very much once more.

Have a safe trip home and see you all in Beijing!

With kind regards,

--
Marco Davids
SIDN

---

From: "Fahd A. Batayneh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:41:06 +0200

Greetings Marco and the SIDN Team,

I for one enjoyed my stay in Maastricht to the extreme. The facilities were
great, the city was lovely, the food was good, and the people were extremely
warm and friendly. You have a lovely country, and I enjoyed it. Taking the
train from Amsterdam to Maastricht was the best available option since I got
to see a huge portion of your country side

If the Netherlands are nominated to host future events, I will vote for that
STRONGLY!

Cheers,

-- FAB
Sent from Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Marco Davids <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 78attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/78attendees
>

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 03:55:26 -0400

Thank you for all of your hard work ! I think it was a good meeting.

Marshall

> Have a safe trip home and see you all in Beijing!

Marshall Eubanks
CTO / Iformata Communications
[email-masked]
+1-703-501-4376

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:01:16 +0200

Thank you, for all your work.  I intend to come back to Maastricht for a 
more leisurely visit!

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 04:04:41 -0400

It was a wonderful meeting, an excellent social event, and a great time
overall.

Thank you very much! --David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Marco Davids
> Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 3:33 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [78attendees] We'll meet again...
> 
> Dear IETF78 attendees,
>

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 04:10:39 -0400

I had a wonderful time here; overall a very pleasant experience. Thank 
you to the hosts.

     Tony Hansen

On 7/30/2010 4:04 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>> event, I would like to send a big thank you to each and everyone of
>>      
> you.
>

---

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:10:36 -0400

Ditto,
I enjoyed my train rides to and from Schiphol, in particular I liked the
fact that during the ride I got to enjoy the company of IETF'ers that I 
do not normaly talk to. This was facilitated by the open seating on the 
trains and the extra space. So in the future having meetings that
require a train connection should be encouraged as long as it is
easy to make the connection from plane to train.

Thanks a lot to the hosts and people of Maastrictht including the ones
that partied outside my hotel window until 2-3 each night :-)

Overall I think my preference for IETF meetings is smaller cities as we 
get treated better and it just feels good to visit towns that appreciate 
that we are there.

In addition I want to thank the NOC team and the Secretariat for making 
the IETF meeting a success in the face of number of challenges.

	Olafur (looking forward to visiting Beijing in the fall)

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:19:16 -0700

> get treated better and it just feels good to visit towns that appreciate 

Yup. Maastricht was lovely. My windows were surprisingly soundproof, which was a good thing...   The bus service was great too--it's nice to see a city where public transit really works.  Seeing the guy riding his bike with the Weimaraner running beside out the bus window was a highlight.