Subject: [78attendees] TLS@DNSSEC bar BoF

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:50:56 +0200

Hi,

it seems there are so many people working/thinking on CERTs in DNS 
powered by DNSSEC.

Now that we have a secure chain from DNS root to DNS leaf, it seems to 
be viable solution to link that with TLS security and put some info 
about certificates to DNS.

The outcome of this BoF is more like to gather people who are 
interesting to do a further work on this idea, to collect all the ideas 
floating around and possibly to centralize all those efforts together 
into one working group.

So I have created Doodle poll for bar BoF:

http://www.doodle.com/myt3hkwwz8nmi6zk

Please vote (ASAP) if you intend to come.  I'll try to close the poll 
soonish enough, so we have a time to request a room (or bar :)).

I have also put the info on 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/BarBofsIETF78

And if you intend to come please read:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4398

http://stupid.domain.name/ietf/draft-schlyter-pkix-dns-02.txt

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dns-rrtype-applications/current/msg00008.html 
(and surrounding discussion)

http://dnssec-deployment.org/pipermail/dnssec-deployment/2010-July/004169.html 
(whole thread)

Ondrej
-- 
  Ondřej Surý
  vedoucí výzkumu/Head of R&D department
  -------------------------------------------
  CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --    Laboratoře CZ.NIC
  Americka 23, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
  mailto:[email-masked]    http://nic.cz/
  tel:+420.222745110       fax:+420.222745112
  -------------------------------------------

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:33:02 -0400

> (and surrounding discussion)

Note that there's never discussion on that list: it's a list _just_
for accepting rrtype applications, and not for discussing them.  If
you want to discuss, you have to do it on the DNS Extensions WG list --
currently [email-masked].

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:25:51 +0200

Hi,

sorry for crossposting again (now tls, dnsext and dnsop WGs has been added).

The date for the BoF has been set, it will be Monday 26.7.2010 from 
21:00.  Now I need to find a room for 30+ people.  If you have tips 
please mail me privately.

Thanks,
Ondrej

On 20.7.2010 14:50, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> (and the related discussion on namedroppers list)
>

Ondrej

---

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:58:05 +0200

On 26.7.2010 17:46, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> At 4:25 PM +0200 7/21/10, OndÞej Sur˜ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The date for the BoF has been set, it will be Monday 26.7.2010 from 21:00.  Now I need to find a room for 30+ people.  If you have tips please mail me privately.
>
> So, where will this be a few hours?

That's still TBD.  Latest conclusion is to meet at registration desk and 
if we don't have the room at that time, we will find a place.  I've 
changed the BarBOF wiki to include this information.

Ondrej

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:46:06 +0200

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:58:33 +0200

> changed the BarBOF wiki to include this information.

Technically, you don't need a room - you need a bar.  The BOF wiki 
shows Room: 01.London.  Did you update it?*

spt

* Note that I won't be able to make it.