Subject: Re: [78attendees] [78all] IETF 78 - Maastricht City Bus Information

From: "Ilpo Järvinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:18:15 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, IETF Secretariat wrote:

> IETF has arranged for all registered attendees of the IETF 78 to use the
> Maastricht City Bus system for FREE during the meeting dates, July 25-30,
> 2010. In order to use this service, you must show your IETF badge to the
> bus driver. For information on bus connections from the various hotels to
> the MECC please check: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/78/city-bus-info.html
> 
> You can also utilize the City Bus system for free to travel within
> Maastricht during the meeting dates.
> 
> Bus hours are between 06:00 (Sundays 07:00) and 24:00. For more
> information on routes and times, you can go to the transportation website,
> http://www.veolia-transport.nl/dienstregeling/. The website is in Dutch
> only but the bus systems are easy to understand. Also, all bus drivers
> speak English and are very helpful. Most buses have low entries and
> wheelchair facilities and spaces.

I wonder how valid either the per hotel bus # listings on IETF page and/or 
the route maps on Veolia site are as I noticed that they heavily disagree 
on the routes. Especially bus #4 has it's route relatively far away in 
west and connecting finally across the river to the Maastricht station 
according to the routemaps [1] I managed to find from Veolia site, and yet 
it is listed even on some of the hotels that reside on the eastern side 
from MECC. Similarly, 53 seems to terminate according to the maps not that 
close to MECC and yet many hotels have it listed?!?

-- 
 i.

[1] http://www.veolia-transport.nl/reisinformatie/reisinformatielimburg/lijnennetkaarten/