Subject: [78attendees] Thalys ticket good on IC?

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:26:34 -0700

If one buys a ticket for the Thalys online, but arrives too late to 
make it, will the same ticket work for the IC?

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to
unlearn falsehoods.                             --Lazarus Long

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:55:57 +0200

On 21/07/2010 04:26, Randall Gellens wrote:
> If one buys a ticket for the Thalys online, but arrives too late to make it,
> will the same ticket work for the IC?

Yes, you are allowed to downgrade yourself as long as you travel on the
same route as the Thalys would take.

Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confirm today what I denied yesterday.            Anonymous Politician.

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:13:36 +0200

Best is to use the ticketless option (e-ticket) and print it (same as on-line check in)

Afaik thalys ticket are not valid for IC but some tarriff can be used for the next thalys

Thalys will probably not be faster from bru or ams

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to
unlearn falsehoods.                             --Lazarus Long
_______________________________________________
78attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/78attendees

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:01:36 -0700

>  Thalys will probably not be faster from bru or ams

In my case, there is a chance I could make the Thalys, and if not, 
the IC is one hour later.  That is, there is only one train per hour 
when I arrive, and in some cases the one train is a Thalys.  Same for 
the return: if I do not take the Thalys, I must leave one hour 
earlier or one hour later.  So I was hoping to book and purchase the 
ticket on-line, and therefore not have to wait in the queue at the 
airport train station, and if I make the train that connects to the 
Thalys, great, and if not take the IC.

However, the on-line booking kept giving me weird errors, and when I 
waited until 11:00 PM to call them, I was told it was because my trip 
involved an international train in the middle of two domestic trains, 
and hence couldn't be booked on-line.  Or something like that.  I 
ended up paying on-line because I was told that a credit card without 
a PIN could not be used at the counter, but could be used over the 
phone, but that I would still need to wait in the queue to obtain my 
ticket.  So, there is little chance of making the Thalys after all, 
but at least I now have an hour to straighten it out (and of course 
can be sure to not arrive at the hotel for a long time).

The sedan service is looking very attractive!  (But I can't justify 
spending 115-125 Euro.)

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you
really make them think they'll hate you.