Subject: [78attendees] IETF Invitation letter

From: "Norm Wright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:35:46 -0400

My companies email filter detected a virus in the rely to my request for
a letter of invitation and blocked it.  I have sent in another request asking
for a letter of invitation in text format.

Norm Wright
[email-masked]

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:13:30 -0500

I doubt that the letter can be in text format, as it requires certain chinese stamps and letterhead. It may be necessary to have them FAX it to you.

On Sep 14, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Norm Wright wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 78attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/78attendees

---

From: Michael Graff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:53:27 -0500

> for a letter of invitation in text format.

Your company blocks PDF files?  Whoa.

In any case, you can request a paper copy to be mailed to you I believe,
at your cost.  There was a link on the site to do this.

- --Michael

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:21:23 -0400

I asked for the invitation right when I signed up (early August) and
waited and waited and waited for the invitation letter. I then got all
huffy and was about to send a flaming ball of hate towards the discuss
mailing list... Just before doing this I poked the secretariat and was
informed that many of the invitation PDFs had been eaten by overly
aggressive SPAM filters... After looking though old mail logs I
discovered that SpamAssassin had in fact eaten it.

Just a warning for others, even if you never incorrectly tag stuff as
spam its worth checking....
W

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Michael Graff <[email-masked]> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkyPjGcACgkQ+NNi0s9NRJ0N3ACfc9hT357SYvAgG+mnLKuPTG4u
> ZwsAn1NgjSqHAXOReEf0DIUvH6mMz65S
> =yCq6
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

-- 
Warren "Ace" Kumari
Once again I am trying a new keyboard, so please excuse the even worse
than usual typing!

---

From: "Delregno, Christopher N (Nick DelRegno)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:26:52 +0000

This may be obvious, but that is usually the best place to start...

Make sure to check your junk/spam folders...

I received mine 3 days after registering and requesting the LOI.
However, it sat for a week or two in my junk mail folder.

Thanks,
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Michael Graff
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [78attendees] IETF Invitation letter

On 2010-09-14 7:35 AM, Norm Wright wrote:
> My companies email filter detected a virus in the rely to my request 
> for a letter of invitation and blocked it.  I have sent in another 
> request asking for a letter of invitation in text format.

- --Michael

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:12:04 -0700

>  Your company blocks PDF files?  Whoa.

I was just now reading reports of PDF-based attacks (one a 
"pseudo-PDF" attack and the other a true PDF attack): 
<http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/091010-hereyouhave-leadbetter-virus-email.html>

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase
of inflation was decreasing.  This was the first time a sitting
president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
    --Hugo Rossi, Mathmetician, Notices of the AMS, 43 (10) (Oct. 1996).