Subject: [79attendees] Discover China -- Cheaper transport to Badaling (Great Wall)

From: Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:32:22 -0700

Thanks to Ted Lemon for suggesting this.

For the fans of bus, there is one route departure from Shangri-La-Hotel. 

You can take taxi (about 20 min) to the nearest metro-station "JiShuiTan".
Outside the A exit, on the ground, there is a big bus station. You can take
bus no. 919, go till the end terminus, it will take about 10RMB one way.

For a group of people, if you want to rent a mini-Van, when you are in
Shangri-La-Hotel, you can contact Richard "Tao Qin", or Justin in the
concierge.

For train fans, have a look at http://www.seat61.com/China.htm. The schedule
shows two trains leaving Beijing daily, Y567 at 09:33, and Y575 at 13:19.
The trip takes just over an hour. Three choices are provided on the return
journey: Y572 at 11:42, Y580 at 15:22, and Y584 at 19:40. 

The Beijing end of the trip is the Beijing North railway station. The fare
is in the order of RMB 17 each way for 2nd class (hard seat) and RMB 35 for
1st class (soft seat).

Best Regards,

Tina TSOU

http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html