Subject: [81-1st-timers] Meet and Greet Message

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 07:44:06 -0700

Dear First-Time Attendees,

I am pleased that you are planning to attend your first IETF
meeting.  I look forward to meeting you at IETF 81 in Quebec City, Canada.

To help you get started on the right foot, you are invited a
Meet-and-Greet with the IETF Working Group Chairs from 4-5pm on
Sunday, July 24th.  Only first-time attendees, WG Chairs, IESG
members, and IAB members are invited to this special reception
(exact location to be announced shortly).  Beer, wine, soda, and
light appetizers will be provided.  This will be an informal
gathering; there will be no speeches or presentations.  The sole
purpose of this gathering is to give you some time to mingle with
the WG Chairs and other leaders, providing a forum for you to get
answers to any questions you may have about the IETF.  If you are
hoping to speak with a particular WG Chair, you may want to check
out our WG Chair Directory, where you can find photos of many of the
IETF WG Chairs:

http://www.ietf.org/wg/chair-photos.html

At 5pm, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF Welcome Reception.

As you prepare to attend your first IETF meeting, I strongly
recommend that you review the Tao of the IETF, which is available online:

http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

Safe Travel and Best Wishes,
Russ Housley
IETF Chair