Subject: [87all] InterContinental Room Shortage Sunday 28 July

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:02:17 -0700

All;

We have been informed by the InterContinental Hotel that it has a guest room
shortage on Sunday 28 July that will affect 25 IETF attendees.

Twenty-five IETF attendees are in the process of being notified by the hotel 
that for the evening of Sunday, the 28th only, they have been booked into the 
nearest five star hotel, the Palace Hotel.  All will be able to return to the 
InterContinental on the 29th for the duration of their scheduled stay.  

There will be no charge for the room at the Palace Hotel, breakfast and 
Internet will also be complimentary.  Transportation between the 
InterContinental and Palace will be provided.

The InterContinental apologizes to the IETF and the affected attendees.  They 
say the 28th is the last night for a group that is meeting this week and that 
thirty-five other guests of the hotel are also being booked in another hotel for 
the 28th. 

We will be meeting onsite with the hotel today to discuss the matter further 
and to see if the number can be reduced even more.  We will keep you 
informed of developments.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:31:15 +0200

I just walked from the Palace to the InterCon. Took about 6 minutes and you pass the Aquarium on the way. You know you've reached the InterCon when you come upon the Marlene Bar. 

Ray

On Jul 24, 2013, at 2:45 PM, Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> FWIW, the Palace Hotel seems in very easy walking distance from the IC. If you take the X9 bus from the airport and walk to the IC (15 minutes, even with luggage), you pass the Palace Hotel on the way.
> 
> --Paul Hoffman
> _______________________________________________
> 87attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87attendees