Subject: [90all] Room wireless in the Fairmont

From: Chris Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:56:48 -0400

All,

The Fairmont is in the process of upgrading it's wireless infrastructure
throughout the hotel. However, the updates to the guestroom areas are just
beginning. We are currently seeing varied wireless performance from the
hotel rooms.

The NOC team is encouraging all of you staying at the Fairmont to use the
wired connection, if available. Not all rooms have wired connections,
however, the hotel is, to the best of their ability, putting IETF attendees
in rooms with wired.

If you bring your own wireless bridge, we recommend you bring one that
works at 5Ghz (802.11a/n/ac) and configure it to use 5Ghz for best results
for all.

Please see the message from Jim Martin regarding IETF 90 network
information for full details on the network and how to report issues.

Enjoy!
The IETF NOC Team

---

From: Tauqeer Safdar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 13:35:36 -0400

Dear,

I think currently wired connections are not working in guest rooms

Regards!
Tauqeer Safdar

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2014, at 12:56 PM, Chris Elliott <[email-masked]> wrote:

> All,
> 
> The Fairmont is in the process of upgrading it's wireless infrastructure throughout the hotel. However, the updates to the guestroom areas are just beginning. We are currently seeing varied wireless performance from the hotel rooms.
> 
> The NOC team is encouraging all of you staying at the Fairmont to use the wired connection, if available. Not all rooms have wired connections, however, the hotel is, to the best of their ability, putting IETF attendees in rooms with wired.
> 
> If you bring your own wireless bridge, we recommend you bring one that works at 5Ghz (802.11a/n/ac) and configure it to use 5Ghz for best results for all.
> 
> Please see the message from Jim Martin regarding IETF 90 network information for full details on the network and how to report issues.
> 
> Enjoy!
> The IETF NOC Team
> _______________________________________________
> 90all mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/90all