Subject: [92attendees] When we talk at Open Mike during the Admin Plenary tonight

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:00:32 -0500

... Just as a clarification, I'm wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign - it's
NOT a tie-dyed bullseye!

This has been a public service announcement :-)

Spencer

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:04:17 -0500

On 3/25/2015 10:00 AM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
> ... Just as a clarification, I'm wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign -
> it's NOT a tie-dyed bullseye!

This nicely highlights the difference between semantics intended by a
sender and semantics enforced by a recipient.

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 23:49:00 -0400

> sender and semantics enforced by a recipient.

Agreed.  I fully appreciate that, while people sometimes sound
exasperated (because they are) and annoyed or angry (because they
are), that part is just venting... and that there's really something
there to discuss with them.  I don't feel attacked.  I feel that
someone's made a start at a conversation.

Barry