Subject: [92attendees] Food trucks

From: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Mar 2015 03:26:22 -0000

While walking to dinner tonight, we passed several food trucks on the
Woodall Rodgers Freeway, about a five minute walk from the hotel.  The
freeway is underground, the trucks are at street level at the Klyde
Warren park.  Looks promising for lunch.  The park has free wifi.

>From the hotel, walk north (left) on Akard St, turn right on the
freeway surface street and you can see the trucks.

R's,
John

---

From: Jeff Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 23:27:43 -0500

If food trucks are your thing, the Truck Yard was an interesting spin on what would happen if you were trying to build a stereotypical american redneck spin of a German Biergarten.

http://texastruckyard.com/

It was driving distance; I went with a local.

-- Jeff

On Mar 22, 2015, at 10:26 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 92attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/92attendees

---

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:09:44 -0400

I tried The Butcher's Son truck at Klyde Warren Park today. They were
under a bit of a DoS attack between the high school tour groups breaking
for lunch from the Art Museum across the street, but the food was worth
the wait.
There is also a sushi truck and a NY sandwich truck, with an ice cream
truck for dessert. They all appear to accept plastic forms of payment.
Good excuse to get out and enjoy the weather.

Thanks,

Wes

>> freeway surface street and you can see the trucks.

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

---

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 13:14:54 -0500

Watch out for inadequate name-locator separation. I got somebody
else's order on same-name hit, at the deli truck.

-G

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:35:00 -0500

also a glass and steel restaurant near trucks in the park.  went when
dos on food truck was ridiculous.  restaurant was good.

randy

---

From: Peter Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:42:36 -0700

That’s the Savor Gastropub.  I don’t recommend the fried chicken salad.
It was just meh.  Service was fast and probably beat waiting in line to
place and receive an order from the food trucks, however.

		-Peter

---

From: "Paterson, Kenny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:08:42 +0000

I had a less good experience at the glass and steel place on Monday -
possibly just poor choice from the menu.

Today I tried the terrace at the Fairmont. Meh.

---

From: Pat Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:35:02 +0000

It sounds like you are talking about the place inside the glass and steel place. On the back side there is a patio with a service hatch place called Relish. I ate there and it was good.

Pat

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:51:28 -0500

> possibly just poor choice from the menu.

Probably not.  I ate there Sunday night and was underwhelmed.  Good
salad.  Mediocre entree.  Poor service. Somewhat high price.  Not the
combination you want.

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:33:01 -0500

On 3/24/2015 1:09 PM, George, Wes wrote:
> There is also a sushi truck and a NY sandwich truck,

As of 1pm today, the Sushi truck has a shorter line and a significantly
longer wait. Watched some IETF folk arrive in the Butcher line
significantly after I arrived and leave significantly before I got my
order.  20 minutes after (finally) getting to give my order.

Almost all their rolls ($8/roll) are quite spicy.  I think this is to
mask their lack of flavor. However rice texture and quantity of food was
dandy.

The rolls weren't bad; they just weren't all that good.

d/

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:34:43 -0400

A group of us at Savor on Sunday. Most of us were pleased with the food 
and service.

Steve

---

From: Serge Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:55:47 -0500

I found another spot with only two food trucks, but virtually no line. Very
close to meeting hotel.

Go out Starbucks entrance, turn right. Almost immediately, you will see
office tower with many fountains on right. Go down stairs next to
fountains, then make right (opposite of the office tower). Underneath the
giant air conditioning units hanging overhead in the alley, there were two
food trucks (one was Korean style). There are some tables and chairs around
the fountains to sit.

-- 
--Serge