Subject: [94attendees] Star Wars - All Nippon Airways flights

From: "Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:21:28 +0000

Cool Project! Unfortunately I'll be taking a different route to Japan...

I'd be curious to hear about the experience if some lucky one makes onto one of these ANA SW flights.

Project:
https://www.ana-sw.com/

Flights:
https://www.ana-sw.com/jets/

Juan Carlos

---

From: Oliver Hahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 21:45:18 +0000

> I'd be curious to hear about the experience if some lucky one makes onto one of these ANA SW flights.

Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but I don't get it. What exactly is the
idea of this project? The website is not exactly informative...

---

From: Martin J. Dürst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 06:18:00 +0900

See https://www.ana.co.jp/eng/aboutana/press/2015/150818.html for more 
details. It's decorations on the outside of the plane, but also 
in-flight decorations.

As it happens, I should be lucky to use one of the planes on this 
Thursday's flight from San Jose to Narita, so I might be able to tell 
you more later.

Regards,   Martin.

On 2015/10/26 06:45, Oliver Hahm wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 94attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/94attendees
>

---

From: Hideki Sunahara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:52:39 +0900

> idea of this project? The website is not exactly informative...

ANA provide 3 special painting airplanes.

First one is Boeing 787-9 with R2-D2 painting.
Second one is Boeing 777-300 with BB-8 painting.
Third one is Boeing 767-300 with Starwars Logo and R2-D2/BB-8 painting.

http://www.ana-sw.com/jets/

Currently, First R2-D2 787-9 is available. If you are lucky, you can see 
it in NARITA or HANEDA.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graduate School of Media Design                 |Hideki Sunahara
Keio University                                 |E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:43:21 +0900

someone runs pokemon still?

randy

---

From: Hideki Sunahara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:52:26 +0900

> someone runs pokemon still?

ANA was also operating Pokemon painting airplane.
http://www.ana.co.jp/domestic/promotions/pokemon-jet/index.html

But, this airplane was only flying domestic destination.
Unfortunately, ANA stop operation of pokemon airplane.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
慶應義塾大学大学院メディアデザイン研究科        |砂原 秀樹
Graduate School of Media Design                 |Hideki Sunahara
Keio University                                 |E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:12:08 +0900

> Unfortunately, ANA stop operation of pokemon airplane.

bummer.  i saw it a number of times and liked it a lot.

randy

---

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:18:59 +0100

> bummer.  i saw it a number of times and liked it a lot.

I predict commercial variety's of this very soon: Flying coke bottles, taxying Big Macs, and a Viagra planes taking off.

(A former colleague of mine always says: _Star Wars is the most expensive commercial to sell Lego and other merch_, so I guess we are already approaching that era)

—Olaf

---

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:43:14 +0100

Good question,

Is the painting on the airplane just some suggestive illustration, or is 
there some Star Wars gift offered to each passenger onboard, or Star 
Wars food?

I am asking because I recently noticed a painting on a Norwegian 
airplane which says "Wireless Internet on Board" (attached) - it 
translates into being able to use Internet on board wirelessly.

Other Norwegian airplanes paint the figure of personalities, but it 
doesnt mean you get to meet him, I think.  Yet you can notice the 
antenna as a white bump on the top:-)

Alex

---

From: David C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:19:57 -0400

> someone runs pokemon still?

Pokemon is still big business, billions of USD per year in revenue.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:20:08 +0100

Pokemon livery is gone, but Eva Air has "Hello Kitty" experience :-)

MK

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message  
From: David C Lawrence
Sent: Monday, 26 October 2015 15:20
To: Randy Bush
Cc: Oliver Hahm; [email-masked]; Hideki Sunahara; Juan Carlos Zuniga
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Star Wars - All Nippon Airways flights