Subject: [94attendees] NEC Showroom Tour: Invitation

From: Hiroshi Kitamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 04:40:19 +0000

Dear 94th Yokohama IETF Meeting Attendee,

 We are happy to announce that we (NEC Corporation) provide a kind of
 entertainment to you. This is a part of Japanese style hospitality
 ("O-MO-TE-NA-SHI").   (This is NOT an official IETF event.)

 NEC Corporation has a showroom at Shinagawa in Tokyo, called
 "NEC Innovation World" (http://www.nec.com/en/global/niw/ ).

 Our showroom is usually open to customers of NEC Corporation only.
 As a special treatment, we make our showroom open to any of 94th
 Yokohama IETF meeting attendee and we invite you to our showroom.
 We call this event "NEC Showroom Tour."

 This event happens only at November 6 Friday afternoon
 (after IETF meeting sessions are finished).

 If you visit our showroom, you can enjoy our exhibitions that will
 stimulate your curiosity. We carefully selected exhibitions that you
 will be interest in. We hope it brings fun time to you.

 Our showroom is located at very convenient place to visit. It takes
 several minutes' walk from Shinagawa station (one of major stations
 in Tokyo). (See below written detailed access information.)
 You may visit our showroom on your way back to your home.

 This is a kind of casual event. We will not ask you commercial
 obligation etc. You can simply enjoy this event.

 Of course, this is free of charge event. However, acceptable visitor
 capacity of our showroom is limited. So, please register your
 information at the following web site.

  http://showroom.hp2.jp/
  http://showroom.hp2.jp/apply.php

 We cannot provide courtesy transportation method from IETF meeting
 venue (Yokohama) to our showroom (Shinagawa).
 One condition to ask you to attend "NEC Showroom Tour" is to reach our
 showroom by yourself.

 Since Japanese public transportation (train) system is well developed.
 It is not difficult to move from Yokohama to Shinagawa. We hope this
 must be good chance to experience Japanese public transportation. :-)

 Let us summarize: 
  what you have to do are:
  1. Visit http://showroom.hp2.jp/apply.php, and register your information.
  2. Come to our showroom at Shinagawa by yourself
          before your registered tour starts.

 Best Regards,
 Committee of NEC Showroom Tour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   ====  "NEC Showroom Tour"  ====

* Date, Time and Tours:

  November 6, 2015 (Friday)
  6 tours are planned. 
    A: 13:00-14:00
    B: 13:30-14:30
    C: 14:00-15:00 
    D: 14:30-14:30
    E: 15:00-16:00 
    F: 15:30-16:30
   (Maximum capacity of each tour is 20 people)

* Place:

   NEC Innovation World
   http://www.nec.com/en/global/niw/

   7th Fl., Shinagawa East One Tower
   16-1, Konan 2-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075, JAPAN

* Registration Web site:

    http://showroom.hp2.jp/
    http://showroom.hp2.jp/apply.php

* Abstract of Selected 4 Exhibitions:
	
  1. Solutions for Society
       Field Analyst：Gender and age auto-estimation system
       Development of safe and secure urban environment Crowd behavior analysis
  2. Safety and Security
       HDTV Super High Sensitivity Color Camera for Video Surveillance Solutions
       Solutions for Damage Information Gathering in Disasters
  3. Smart Shopping
       Finger Gesture
       Image Recognition Service "GAZIRU"
  4. Value-Chain Innovation
       Image Recognition Service "GAZIRU" (for object fingerprint)

* Access from IETF meeting venue (Yokohama) to our showroom (Shinagawa):

   There are various ways to reach Shinagawa from Yokohama.
   Here, we show one recommended simple way.
  
     Take a JR Negishi (Kehin-Tohoku) Line train
          from Sakuragicho station to Shinagawa station.

   We hope you can reach Shinagawa station by using web search engines
   with above keywords "from Sakuragicho station to Shinagawa station".

   Characteristics of this recommended way are:
    - Simplest: Direct connection (No complex transfer is required)
    - Lowest cost: It costs 390 JPY (388 JPY by IC card).
    - Less time: It takes about 33 min.
    - High frequently train scheduled: Approximately 10 trains per one hour.

   Sakuragicho station is second nearest station of IETF meeting venue.
   First nearest one is Minatomirai station. It is possible to come
   from Minatomirai station. However, we do not recommend to use
   Minatomirai station, because it requires complex transfer at Yokohama
   station and takes more costs to reach Shinagawa.

   At JR Sakuragicho statin, there are two Lines.
   One is Negishi(Kehin-Tohoku) Line (blue line-printed train),
   the other is Yokohama Line (green line-printed train).
   Please take a Negishi (Kehin-Tohoku) Line blue line-printed train
   bound for Yokohama/Tokyo/Ohmiya.

   (There is a subway Sakuragicho station. It is different one.
    Please do not use subway.)

   After you reach Shinagawa station, follow map information shown at
   our showroom web site (http://www.nec.com/en/global/niw/) or
   http://showroom.hp2.jp/way-to-showroom-with-pictures.pdf.

* Move from Shinagawa station (after NEC showroom tour):

   Since Shinagawa station is one of major stations in Tokyo, it is
   very easy to move from Shinagawa to both Narita and Haneda airports.
   There are many convenient transportation ways.
   (You can easily find them from web search engines.)

* Contact: 

  If you have any questions, please send e-mail to the following e-mail address.

  [email-masked]

DISCLAIMER: 

   This event is planned and operated by volunteers of NEC Corporation
   in order to provide a kind of entertainment to 94th Yokohama IETF
   Meeting Attendee.  So, we cannot take any responsibility.
   Please attend this event on your own risk.