Subject: [94attendees] NTT prepaid sim card activation success but took some time

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:18:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

last week I ordered an NTT prepaid sim card to have it deliverd to my 
hotel. This was delivered on time.

Just want to warn people that the activation process is quite convoluted, 
first you need to activate the sim card by means of a webpage where you 
enter information from the SIM card and your personal information, then if 
you have android phone then you need to create a new APN manually, or in 
the case of newer iPhone, you need to download an unsigned APN profile to 
the phone and install it.

Instructions are on 
http://service.ocn.ne.jp/mobile/one/visitor/en/apn/index.html (you will 
end up here after activation).

Until this profile has been activated on your phone (in my case 
iPhone6Plus) you get PDP activation errors.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Oct 2015 07:31:52 -0000

I ordered a bmobile data SIM, also delivered to the hotel.  I stuck it
into my Moto X phone, turned it on, and it worked, no setup at all.

They gave me some APN info but that just made it not work.

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/

R's,
John

---

From: Gihan Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 16:47:37 +0900

On 15/10/30 4:18 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> Just want to warn people that the activation process is quite 
> convoluted, first you need to activate the sim card by means of a 
> webpage where you enter information from the SIM card and your 
> personal information, then if you have android phone then you need to 
> create a new APN manually, or in the case of newer iPhone, you need to 
> download an unsigned APN profile to the phone and install it.
I got a U-NEXT sim from the vending machine at the airport, and it 
worked without any issues. No need for activation. Just needed to set 
the APN info.

Gihan