Subject: [97attendees] Kensington Hotel Yoido

From: Audric Schiltknecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 05:48:40 -0500

For those of you staying at the Kensington Hotel Yoido, be sure to use the address listed on the
IETF/hotel websites: 16, Gukhoe-daero 76-gil.

If you are lazy/rely too much on google, you might find yourself wondering how they could have built
an hotel inside the national assembly building...

Access to the hotel:

Arex Train to Gimpo (all stop train), then transfer to line 9, direction Sport Complex (line 9 is
across the platform when exiting the Arex train). Line 9 also features both express and all stop
trains, you need to take an all stop one. Express stop at both station before/after, where you can
change for an all-stop for one station. Use exit 3, then go to the left (between the building and a
bike parking), then take a right following the street and a left again at the next intersection.
Hotel is in front of you, two-three blocks down.

Hope this helps some people!

Audric

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 02:24:10 +0900

> Access to the hotel:

Also via bus 6030, as described on the IETF97 wiki page:
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf97

Also, GPS coordinates for the hotel are:
	[37.53047,126.92212]

    Ross.

---

From: "Banks, Sarah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 23:46:05 +0000

Also, bus 6030 from Incheon airport stops right in front of Kensington Hotel - it's the 2nd stop - and be sure to buy your ticket before you get in line at the airport :) Last night it took about 55 minutes.

/S

On 11/11/16, 2:48 AM, "97attendees on behalf of Audric Schiltknecht" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>97attendees mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_97attendees&d=DQICAg&c=Hlvprqonr5LuCN9TN65xNw&r=HN5tNVYzsAg9GdqchKLAAOwPDiSZcCa1899apEpZtiU&m=7aoInfho3WiJGXEMmHF9c8uKPmfCkZdjT7o9djmBawA&s=FZwSaRDcVN4f62aRP8bIEx79vNsgnJU2EN6HC-XITL8&e=

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 08:47:58 +0900

On Nov 12, 2016 8:46 AM, "Banks, Sarah" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Also, bus 6030 from Incheon airport stops right in front of Kensington
Hotel - it's the 2nd stop - and be sure to buy your ticket before you get
in line at the airport :) Last night it took about 55 minutes.

Also, get on at the 6B stop. The 30-seat bus loads there, and then goes to
the 13A stop if there are still empty seats!

> /S
>
>
>
>
> On 11/11/16, 2:48 AM, "97attendees on behalf of Audric Schiltknecht" <
[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/97attendees

---

From: Audric Schiltknecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 20:37:42 -0500

Obviously forgot most important thing here: on Line 9, stop at "National Assembly" station.

---

From: Hermin Anggawijaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 18:08:33 +1300

Audric

Thanks for the pointers, your instructions to get from ICN to
Kensington hotel using the subway system is spot on.

Kind regards

Angga

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 17:15:08 +0900

For your next magic trick ...

I walked from the Kensington to the Conrad this morning. It really is a
straight shot through the park, but

   - When you look in google maps for a walking route, it tells you there
   isn't one, but when you switch to public transportation, the first route it
   offers you is a walking route (huh?)
   - If you walk straight through the park, you come out at gate 8, which
   doesn't have a crosswalk for pedestrians. You want to angle to the right,
   and come out at gate 12, on the far side of the bus stop, which does.
   - Once you cross the street, you're walking past/through the IPC mall
   (either works). The first building on the left is Deloitte, and the second
   building on the left is the Conrad. From that angle, the Conrad looks like
   a drive-in in front of a hotel. The "10G" address sign is your best clue. I
   never saw a sign that said "Conrad".
   - If all else fails, follow Cindy Morgan and ask her where the Conrad
   is. That worked for me.

Best wishes! and make good choices ...

Spencer

---

From: David Gaamuwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 13:42:41 +0000

Hi all
I used the train ICN  Airport,  however while not so far from the hotel,  I
lost my way and later I had to get a taxi to lead me to the hotel.
I arrived well this evening and I managed to go grab a bite at KFC just a
few meters away at the back of the hotel.

Kind regards,

David

-- 

*David Gaamuwa*
IT Networks & Systems specialist
Mob:+256-712-269313
Office:+256-773-269313
Email:[email-masked]

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 21:47:21 +0100 (CET)

> few meters away at the back of the hotel.

We took the 6030 bus from ICN that stops right outside the Kensington. 
15.000 WON. While there was some traffic and it took 1 hour ,it was very 
convenient.