Subject: [97attendees] Need IPhone 5 USB to lightning cable

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:13:42 +0900

Cable frayed due to travel; so am I ;-)

Anybody seen a place that sells them near the hotel?

   Erik

---

From: Adam Montville <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:15:39 +0000

There appeared to be an Apple reseller in the IFC mall, I think on the top
level. Don't know whether they carry what you need but could be a
reasonable start.
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:13 AM Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 97attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/97attendees
>

---

From: Carlos Marcelo Martinez Cagnazzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:16:24 +0900

Frisbee at the ifc mall

via Newton Mail 
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=9.1.18&pv=6.0.1&source=email_footer_2] 
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:13am, Erik Nordmark < [email-masked] 
[[email-masked]] > wrote:

Erik

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:29:18 +0900

My new-to-me Thinkpad/Lenovo T420s laptop has VGA, and a Display Port.
I got an $8 DP to HDMI adapter from amazon a few weeks ago, but it doesn't
seem to drive anything [my home TV, a monitor, the TV in my AirBNB) -- or
show up as connected in xrandr.  Could there be different DP cables?
I dunno.  If someone has a similar laptop, and a working adapter, I'd love
to know what you have.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:08:02 +0900

i have spares.  you are welcome to one.

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 02:14:59 +0100

I don't quite understand https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort,
but do i read it right that DP 1.0/1.1 might not be HDMI signaling
compatible, so a cheap passive physical adapter wouldn't work ?
If i read it right, maybe your notebook has such an old DP port.

---

From: John Dowdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:12:27 +0900

If your laptop supports the Dual-Mode DisplayPort, aka DisplayPort ++ (as found on HP business laptops, note the different logos), only need a passive cable or adaptor to connect to HDMI or DVI, because they have compatible hardware [1]. If not, Lenovo supply a cable [2], though this says only supports single link DVI-D.

John 존

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort>
[2] https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd015734
 <https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd015734>

 <https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd015734>
> On 14 Nov 2016, at 10:14, Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]> wrote:
>