Subject: [97attendees] Incheon airport: wifi, ATM, train to Conrad

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:51:43 +0900

Hello,
  Incheon airport experience.
- wifi works great, no hassles, good performance.
- ATM: on arrival, after getting the luggage, there were ATMs, but they 
did not work with both my (Canadian) debit and credit (VISA) cards, even 
following instructions in english on one of them. I tried many. Many 
people I crossed did the same as me without luck: we all tried 3-4 
different ATMs with no luck. They were all located together with a money 
exchange service. Well, one may make conclusions… anyway. On my way to 
the train, at the _basement_ level, there was a branch of Shinhan bank. 
ATM there worked just fine. english instructions were easy. was able to 
use my debit card with no issue. 3000 won service charge.
- Train to Conrad: Following email exchange with Conrad concierge and 
searching, I did the following which worked pretty well:
  + take the train from Incheon airport to Gimpo Airport. Change there 
to take Line 9 (direction Sports Complex) to Yeouido station. When I 
exit at the Gimpo Airport, the line 9, direction Sports Complex, was on 
the other side! 2 minutes waiting! (mid-afternoon Thursday). The ticket 
for the whole ride was bought in the vending machines under « all-stop 
trains » on the left in the basement of the airport. There was someone 
there to help, but it was easy, english instructions. You buy the ticket 
to the destination (Yeouido). 4650 won. The whole ride was just fine and 
pleasant. Arriving at the Yeouido station, look for exit #3 (IFC Mall). 
Enter the mall, inside you should find signs for Conrad Hotel. pretty 
easy.

Regards, Marc.

---

From: "Davey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:34:05 +0800

thansk Marc. The information is usefull.

---Original---
From: "Marc Blanchet"<[email-masked]>
Date: 2016/11/11 11:51:57
To: "97attendees"<[email-masked]>;
Subject: [97attendees] Incheon airport: wifi, ATM, train to Conrad

Hello,
  Incheon airport experience.
 - wifi works great, no hassles, good performance. 
 - ATM: on arrival, after getting the luggage, there were ATMs, but they did not work with both my (Canadian) debit and credit (VISA) cards, even following instructions in english on one of them. I tried many. Many people I crossed did the same as me without luck: we all tried 3-4 different ATMs with no luck. They were all located together with a money exchange service. Well, one may make conclusions… anyway. On my way to the train, at the basement level, there was a branch of Shinhan bank. ATM there worked just fine. english instructions were easy. was able to use my debit card with no issue. 3000 won service charge. 
 - Train to Conrad: Following email exchange with Conrad concierge and searching, I did the following which worked pretty well:
  + take the train from Incheon airport to Gimpo Airport. Change there to take Line 9 (direction Sports Complex) to Yeouido station. When I exit at the Gimpo Airport, the line 9, direction Sports Complex, was on the other side! 2 minutes waiting! (mid-afternoon Thursday). The ticket for the whole ride was bought in the vending machines under &#xAB;&#xA0;all-stop trains&#xA0;&#xBB; on the left in the basement of the airport. There was someone there to help, but it was easy, english instructions. You buy the ticket to the destination (Yeouido). 4650 won. The whole ride was just fine and pleasant. Arriving at the Yeouido station, look for exit #3 (IFC Mall). Enter the mall, inside you should find signs for Conrad Hotel. pretty easy.
 
Regards, Marc.

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:59:31 +0900

On 11 Nov 2016, at 11:51, Marc Blanchet wrote:

[...]

> - ATM: on arrival, after getting the luggage, there were ATMs, but 
> they did not work with both my (Canadian) debit and credit (VISA) 
> cards, even following instructions in english on one of them. I tried 
> many. Many people I crossed did the same as me without luck: we all 
> tried 3-4 different ATMs with no luck. They were all located together 
> with a money exchange service. Well, one may make conclusions… 
> anyway. On my way to the train, at the   basement   level, there was 
> a branch of Shinhan bank. ATM there worked just fine. english 
> instructions were easy. was able to use my debit card with no issue. 
> 3000 won service charge.
>  

The "Global ATMs" next to the "Wooribank" money changer outside customs 
(D area, I think) worked fine for me using a BankAmerica debit card.

There is a Shinhan bank a short walk from the Conrad.

[...]