Subject: [97attendees] experiences with taxi from airport, and walking to Conrad

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 12:22:04 +0900

Hi, we landed INCHeon Friday night, just before 5pm.
After some walking, we found the "K-Book Shop" where we picked up our
KT-Mobile SIM cards.  We saw 3 APNs in the SIM, but those aren't the
right ones.  Use the ones from the instructions, it took us several hours to
figure that out, since there was also the registration delay.

The taxi drive could not comprehend the address of our AirBNB.
He connected to the translation service, and I read the address to the
person, who then, I guess gave him instructions.  Google maps
(and go.here.com) had no problem finding the number...
Given the 5pm traffic, I'm sure that the train would have been faster, but we
had many suitcases, and I had a very tired family.
The driver seemed to have a lot of anxiety about the traffic, and I think he
wanted to take a bridge before the one we eventually took, but there was just
too much traffic.  Total was about 56000 won.

Our AirBNB is near Map/Geondong station, north of the Conrad Seoul, across
the bridge/river.

Saturday morning we walked to the Conrad, about 15min stroll.
The air quality wasn't great: my 11yr old, who is in the process of being
diagnosed with asthma, was really unhappy with the air as we crossed the
river.