Subject: [97attendees] DMZ visit formulas?

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:46:09 +0900

What are the current DMZ visit options?

The Glad Hotel reception has a leaflet (cosmojin.com), but maybe there 
are other options(?)

Is it too late now to think about this?

(I would have expected the Social to happen there btw).

Alex

---

From: Peter Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 05:08:33 -0800

It’s not too late.  Most hotels have several leaflets from several
companies, but they tend to be similar in price and scope.  The options are
usual whether you include the Joint Security Area in your tour.  If you want
to go to the JSA, make arrangements ASAP.  It takes 3-4 days for those
arrangements because you have to supply passport data at the the point of
booking the tour in order to be admitted to the JSA.  If you take a non-JSA
tour, you’ll get to see the other sights like the infiltration tunnel,
viewpoint to North Korea, Dorasan train station, etc.  Those can be seen in
half-day or full-day tours.  Those do not require the 3-4 days ahead of time
arrangements.  The last time I was in Seoul, I took a non-JSA tour the day
after I arrived with no other prior arrangement.

-Peter

On 11/14/16, 4:46 AM, "97attendees on behalf of Alexandre PETRESCU"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

The Glad Hotel reception has a leaflet (cosmojin.com), but maybe there are
other options(?)

Alex

_______________________________________________ 97attendees mailing list
[email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/97attendees

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 20:54:21 +0900

Here’s a web site I found that provides lots of (interesting) information about DMZ tours:

	http://thriftynomads.com/visiting-north-koreas-dmz-border-a-how-to-guide/

(I’ll be taking a DMZ tour on Friday)

	Ross.

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 08:40:34 +0900

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 08:54:21PM +0900,
 Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]> wrote

>       http://thriftynomads.com/visiting-north-koreas-dmz-border-a-how-to-guide/

"You must adhere to the specified dress code (e.g. no ripped jeans,
sandals, or unkempt hair). These rules are strictly enforced as North
Korean soldiers take photos and produce false propaganda that other
countries are too poor to afford proper clothing."

This one will be tough for IETFers.

On the other hand, the north koreans won't be able to claim "they are
thin from starvation"