Subject: [99companions] Welcome to Prague, IETF 99 Companions!

From: "Amy Vezza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 13:08:31 -0700

Hello IETF 99 Companions!

This mailing list is for your use to connect with other IETF 99
Companions.   It is now about a week until we'll see you in Prague, Czech
Republic (Czechia)!

Some things to note:

The venue for IETF 99 is the Hilton Prague, Pobrezni 1, Prague, Czech
Republic 186 00
Tel: + 420 2 2484 1111

The Companions will have the traditional IETF Companions Reception on
Sunday, July, 16, 2017 from 4:30pm-5:30pm (local time). The reception is
currently scheduled in the Sofia room which is on the Lobby level of the
hotel.

After the Companions Reception, you are welcome to join the IETF 99
Welcome Reception (which is scheduled to go from 5:00pm-7:00pm, local
time). The Welcome Reception will be in the Hilton Grand Ballroom and
Foyer, on the Mezzanine Level (M).

The IETF Registration Desk will be in the Congress Hall Foyer, Lower Lobby
level (LL). The IETF Lounge, which opens on Monday July 17, 2016, (where
Companions are welcome to sit at any time it is open as a lounge) will be
in the Chez Louis Room (Mezzanine Level (M)), next to Cafe Bistro.

Also available for more information is the IETF 99 Meeting Wiki page:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/doku.php?id=ietf99 that
includes information on finding a supermarket, restaurants, shopping, and
information on airport transportation.

In addition, the IETF Companions have a private Facebook group you are
welcome to join if you haven't yet - lots of Companions connect through
the group to travel and tour together:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/185456914970392/ (you must be logged in to
Facebook to view the group information and request to be added).

Of particular interest to the Companions for ease of travel around Prague,
the host CZ.nic has arranged free city transportation tickets for use July
16-July 26, 2017. This offer is open to all IETF 99 Attendees, and their
registered Companions. The ticket is used in conjunction with your event
badge and will allow you travel on trams, buses, and the Metro in zones P,
O, and B. More information on transportation in and around Prague can be
found on the Web site put together by the IETF 99 host:

https://www.ietf99.cz/#transport

Looking forward to seeing you all in Prague!

Amy Vezza
IETF Secretariat