Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-03.txt

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:50:18 +0000

Hello,

I've submitted a new version to update my e-mail address, as my affiliation
is going to change in the next year.

The v03 does have other changes, as I outlined in my previous email, which
still needs to be discussed.

The main changes are:
 Version 02 to 03:
 1) Added the option of Broker certificate thumbprint in the 'rs_cnf' sent
to the Client.
 2) Clarified the use of a random nonce from the TLS Exporter for PoP,
added to the IANA requirements that the label should be registered.
 3) Added a client nonce, when Challenge/Response Authentication is used
between Client and Broker.
 4) Clarified the use of the "authz-info" topic and the error response if
token validation fails.
 5) Added clarification on wildcard use in scopes for publish/subscribe
permissions
 6) Reorganised sections so that token authorisation for publish/subscribe
messages are better placed.
7) Clarified protection of Application Message payload as out of scope, and
cited draft-palombini-ace-coap-pubsub-profile for a potential solution

Thanks,
--Cigdem

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-03.txt
To: Paul Fremantle <[email-masked]>, Cigdem Sengul <
[email-masked]>, Anthony Kirby <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Cigdem Sengul and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile
Revision:       03
Title:          MQTT-TLS profile of ACE
Document date:  2019-12-20
Group:          ace
Pages:          27
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-03

Abstract:
   This document specifies a profile for the ACE (Authentication and
   Authorization for Constrained Environments) framework to enable
   authorization in an MQTT-based publish-subscribe messaging system.
   Proof-of-possession keys, bound to OAuth2.0 access tokens, are used
   to authenticate and authorize MQTT Clients.  The protocol relies on
   TLS for confidentiality and server authentication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat