Subject: [Ace] Requested review for IANA registration in draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:18:44 +0100

Hello OAuth registry reviewers,

the IESG-designated experts for the OAuth parameters registry have asked
me to send a review request to you about the OAuth parameters registered
here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params-07#section-9.3

and the OAuth introspection response parameters registered here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params-07#section-9.4

Thank you in advance for you review comments.

Regards,

Ludwig

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 14:32:15 -0700

The OAuth Token Introspection Response registry
<https://www.iana.org/assignments/oauth-parameters/oauth-parameters.xhtml#token-introspection-response>
already has an entry for "cnf", which makes the first request in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params-07#section-9.4
rather problematic.

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 4:19 AM Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 13:55:23 -0800

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params-07#section-9.4

Indeed.

It seems like the right thing to do is probably just to drop that entry
from the registration request (even though the existing description of
"Confirmation" is kind of lousy), since we are using it with the same
semantics as from 7800 and mtls.

Sorry for missing that initially!

-Ben