Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:50:11 +0100

Hello ACE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of 
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05

The document describes a profile of ACE where client and resource 
server(s) communicate with Group OSCORE. This supports fine-grained 
access control in group communication environments, where different 
group members have different access rights to the resources of the 
servers in the group.

This version further builds on the major update done in v -02, with the 
profile now focused on Group OSCORE as only security protocol. Changes 
are especially about:

1) Overall alignment with phrasing and considerations from the latest 
updates to the OSCORE profile [1].

2) Addressing comments from Christian Amsüss (thanks!) on:
--- defining how to handle the case where the ACE client has changed the 
public key used in the OSCORE group;
--- clarifying what it means to keep an Access Token aligned over time 
with information about the ACE client as a member of the OSCORE group.

3) Revision of both the main operating mode and the "Dual Mode" in 
Appendix A, as to the ACE client requesting an updated Access Token for 
updating its access rights.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05.txt
Date: 	Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:08:38 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>, Ludwig 
Seitz <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>, 
Rikard Hoeglund <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile
Revision: 05
Title: Group OSCORE Profile of the Authentication and Authorization for 
Constrained Environments Framework
Document date: 2021-02-22
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 57
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C2839d382f59a40707f0d08d8d754802b%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496105234024291%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=8PEM%2BwR4Mhxjy%2Bx%2BiRxZG2OfOh2b13erpqoevXPvXBI%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C2839d382f59a40707f0d08d8d754802b%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496105234024291%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=IBRq0lPPp%2F7S6ARs89lZzv98EEh7mp0c%2BtDg1bm2w4E%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C2839d382f59a40707f0d08d8d754802b%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496105234024291%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=Ot53Updjp%2BapQ3qZG0yyIFJQqM1ehgfnZM7WptrNVYk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C2839d382f59a40707f0d08d8d754802b%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496105234024291%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=6mUaQG2nitER63lfFzQNNwjoVl0adYm4XsKCtN04m1A%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-05&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C2839d382f59a40707f0d08d8d754802b%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496105234029271%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=o7EHjgnMixM7zaCjr%2FVPzOJNvXq5e5F04m%2F4Ik4UqxY%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies a profile for the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework. The
profile uses Group OSCORE to provide communication security between a
Client and a (set of) Resource Server(s) as members of an OSCORE
Group. The profile securely binds an OAuth 2.0 Access Token with the
public key of the Client associated to the signing private key used
in the OSCORE group. The profile uses Group OSCORE to achieve server
authentication, as well as proof-of-possession for the Client's
public key. Also, it provides proof of the Client's membership to
the correct OSCORE group, by binding the Access Token to information
from the Group OSCORE Security Context, thus allowing the Resource
Server(s) to verify the Client's membership upon receiving a message
protected with Group OSCORE from the Client.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat