Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:49:25 +0100

Hello ACE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of 
draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04

The document describes how an Authorization Server can notify Clients 
and Resource Servers of revoked but yet not expired Access Tokens. This 
is achieved by means of a Token Revocation List (TRL) resource at the 
AS, that a device can access and observe by using resource observation 
for CoAP. The approach complements token introspection at the AS, and 
does not require additional endpoints on Clients and Resource Servers.

This version further builds on the major update in version -02, also 
including an Appendix B on advanced operating modes, following input 
from Ben Kaduk and based on the Series Transfer Pattern [1]. Changes 
cover especially:

1) Early, high-level clarifications on the full-query and diff-query 
modes of operation.

2) Error handling on the Authorization Server.

3) Definition of a media-type for messages exchanged in the advanced 
full-query and diff-query modes of Appendix B, with parameters 
transported in a CBOR map.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-t2trg-stp-03

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04.txt
Date: 	Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:10:57 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>, Grace Lewis 
<[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Marco 
Tiloca <[email-masked]>, Sebastian Echeverria <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification
Revision: 04
Title: Notification of Revoked Access Tokens in the Authentication and 
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) Framework
Document date: 2021-02-22
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 34
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C7897294807d74097cf0308d8d754d372%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496106605785209%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=ADXtKeAMb6uJSCcpgbGho6jwpL9ym6CWn8Iwa65KUMU%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C7897294807d74097cf0308d8d754d372%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496106605790187%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=qPG2C6L7D0MWl7h%2BHSdlOmhab9ePjw%2FDcRtCATprhyo%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C7897294807d74097cf0308d8d754d372%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496106605790187%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=y%2BDTLEV5HOlwMcQw4rxBDko74O2pbPLV258qIsxFMnc%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C7897294807d74097cf0308d8d754d372%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496106605790187%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=IYZz4BpvRLj%2FiJQRQllc9fnrTqw%2BrwVI0DpdUb3WKyc%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-04&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7C7897294807d74097cf0308d8d754d372%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637496106605790187%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=0nJbwaAhx0KUvXEM%2FLaam9hqO1ujRf77%2BpixvwxZlok%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies a method of the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework, which
allows an Authorization Server to notify Clients and Resource Servers
(i.e., registered devices) about revoked Access Tokens. The method
relies on resource observation for the Constrained Application
Protocol (CoAP), with Clients and Resource Servers observing a Token
Revocation List on the Authorization Server. Resulting unsolicited
notifications of revoked Access Tokens complement alternative
approaches such as token introspection, while not requiring
additional endpoints on Clients and Resource Servers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat