Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:52:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EAP-based Authentication Service for CoAP
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Dan Garcia-Carrillo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-06-14

Abstract:
   This document describes an authentication service that uses EAP
   transported employing CoAP messages with following purposes: 1)
   Authenticate a CoAP-enabled device that enters a new security domain
   managed by a domain Controller, 2) Derive key material to protect
   CoAP messages exchanged between them, enabling the establishment of a
   security association between them, and 3) Optionally, to generate key
   material for other types of Security Associations.

   Generally speaking, this document is specifying an EAP lower layer
   based on CoAP, to bring the benefits of EAP to IoT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/