Subject: [Acme] Well Known URI review

From: Roland Shoemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:48:40 -0700

Given the recent validation rule change at CABF it looks like the
/.well-known/acme-challenge path will need to be registered before the
specification is finalized (a new CABF rule requires that the validation
path used is approved by IANA) if CA's such as Let's Encrypt wish to
continue using ACME to issue certificates.

I began the request/review process yesterday if anyone else is
interested (although it looks like it may have already been approved):
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wellknown-uri-review/current/msg00152.html

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 18:59:47 +0000

> I began the request/review process yesterday if anyone else is interested
> (although it looks like it may have already been approved):

Yes, the designated expert approved it (shady character mnot) and it should show up in the registries soon.  Go tell the CA/B forum it's all set.

--  
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: [email-masked] Twitter: RichSalz

---

From: Roland Bracewell Shoemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:02:28 -0700

It has now been officially registered:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/well-known-uris/well-known-uris.xhtml