Subject: [Acme] TSV-ART review of draft-ietf-acme-acme-08

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:38:19 +0100

Hi all,

I've reviewed this document as part of the transport area review team's 
ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written 
primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the 
document's authors for their information and to allow them to address 
any issues raised. When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors 
should consider this review together with any other last-call comments 
they receive. Please always CC tsv-art@… if you reply to or forward this 
review.

Summary:
This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that should 
be fixed before publication.

Editorials:
- Abstract says "DISCLAIMER:...":
This should be removed before publication or there is an issue with the 
intended status of Standards Track.

- A nit, but: section 7.3.4 uses http instead of https in the example:
"instance": "http://example.com/agreement/?token=W8Ih3PswD-8"
All other instances use https.

Technicals:

- Section 8.2. Retrying challenges
Any guidance on what "some times" means? At least in terms of a time 
scale, e.g., seconds, minutes, hours?

Thanks for the clearly written document!

Regards,

   Martin Stiemerling

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 13:44:05 -0500

Thanks for the review, Martin.  I've posted responses in a PR, along with a
couple of other minor fixes:

https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme/pull/357

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> document's authors for their information and to allow them to address any
> issues raised. When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should
> consider this review together with any other last-call comments they
> receive. Please always CC tsv-art@… if you reply to or forward this
> review.
>
> Summary:
> This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that should be
> fixed before publication.
>
> Editorials:
> _______________________________________________
> Acme mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme
>