Subject: [Acme] Challenge "errors" -> "error"

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 10:37:37 -0800

In the course of testing Let's Encrypt's ACME v2 endpoint, we realized
that the latest draft specifies "errors" as a plural array on challenges
(vs singular "error" for earlier drafts implemented by Boulder and
others). However, the ACME spec now also has subproblems as a way to
express plural errors (mainly on new-order and finalize).

This means we have two different ways to express multiple errors: One
for API requests, and one for validation responses. I propose to
simplify the spec by using subproblems consistently in both places:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme/pull/388

---

From: Jonathan Rudenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 19:24:28 -0500

> On Jan 8, 2018, at 13:37, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

This change makes sense to me.

---

From: Daniel McCarney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:32:08 -0500

+1 - I'm in favour of this change as well.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:24 PM, Jonathan Rudenberg <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Acme mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme
>

---

From: Daniel McCarney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:35:07 -0500

There hasn't been any dissent on-list about this proposal. I'm going to
merge the PR.

Thanks all!

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Daniel McCarney <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:24 PM, Jonathan Rudenberg <[email-masked]
> > wrote:
>
>>