Subject: Re: [Acme] Last Call: <draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-08.txt> (Extensions to Automatic Certificate Management Environment for end user S/MIME certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 12:50:16 -0700

Hi Alexey,

Sorry for the slow response.

At 02:14 AM 26-06-2020, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>I don't think my proposal is inteded to work with mailing list 
>forwarding. This sounds pretty dangerous and defeats the prescribed 
>recipient email validation check. Maybe the document should say 
>something about this.
>
>If you are thinking about recipient end alias-type forwarding, then 
>I can add some text that validation has to happen before forwarding, 
>but this ACME mechanism might still break if the From header field 
>email address of the response message doesn't match the email 
>address used to request the certificate for.

I was thinking about alias-type forwarding (Section 3.9.1 of RFC 
5321).  I am okay if the author/working group gave some thought to 
that.  You could probably point to the first paragraph of Section 6, 
instead of adding text, if that were to be an issue in future.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy