Subject: [Acme] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC8555 (6276)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 18:15:40 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC8555, "Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6276

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: James Manger <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2020-09-03
Held by: Benjamin Kaduk (IESG)

Section: 2

Original Text
-------------
   o  The CA verifies that the client controls the requested domain
      name(s) by having the ACME client perform some action(s) that can
      only be done with control of the domain name(s).  For example, the
      CA might require a client requesting example.com to provision a
      DNS record under example.com or an HTTP resource under
      http://example.com.

Corrected Text
--------------
   o  The CA verifies that the client controls the requested domain
      name(s) by having the ACME client perform some action(s) that can
      only be done with control of the domain name(s).  For example, the
      CA might require a client requesting example.org to provision a
      DNS record under example.org or an HTTP resource under
      http://example.org.

Notes
-----
The spec consistently uses example.com for an ACME CA server, and example.org for a site requesting a certificate -- except in this sentence.

--------------------------------------
RFC8555 (draft-ietf-acme-acme-18)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
Publication Date    : March 2019
Author(s)           : R. Barnes, J. Hoffman-Andrews, D. McCarney, J. Kasten
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Automated Certificate Management Environment
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG