Subject: [Acme] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 21:46:39 -0800

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-email-smime/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Barry's DISCUSS, especially the bit that references DMARC.

You might mention in Security Considerations that the DKIM and DMARC RFCs
discuss their dependence on the DNS as well, and their respective
vulnerabilities.

It seems to me that the second paragraph of Security Considerations says
approximately the same thing that the (1) bullet does in the same section.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 10:54:32 +0000

Hi Murray,

Thank you for your comments.

Ok, I will remove any reference to DMARC. See my upcoming reply to Barry.
> discuss their dependence on the DNS as well, and their respective
Ok, I will add that.
> approximately the same thing that the (1) bullet does in the same section.

I will review.

Best Regards,

Alexey