Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 01:27:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An ACME Profile for Generating Delegated Certificates
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Diego López
                          Antonio Agustín Pastor Perales
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-09.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2021-06-11

Abstract:
   This document defines a profile of the Automatic Certificate
   Management Environment (ACME) protocol by which the holder of an
   identifier (e.g., a domain name) can allow a third party to obtain an
   X.509 certificate such that the certificate subject is the delegated
   identifier while the certified public key corresponds to a private
   key controlled by the third party.  A primary use case is that of a
   Content Delivery Network (CDN, the third party) terminating TLS
   sessions on behalf of a content provider (the holder of a domain
   name).  The presented mechanism allows the holder of the identifier
   to retain control over the delegation and revoke it at any time.
   Importantly, this mechanism does not require any modification to the
   deployed TLS clients and servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-09.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-star-delegation-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/