Subject: [Acme] Last Call: <draft-ietf-acme-authority-token-07.txt> (ACME Challenges Using an Authority Token) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 09:46:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Automated Certificate Management
Environment WG (acme) to consider the following document: - 'ACME Challenges
Using an Authority Token'
  <draft-ietf-acme-authority-token-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Some proposed extensions to the Automated Certificate Management
   Environment (ACME) rely on proving eligibility for certificates
   through consulting an external authority that issues a token
   according to a particular policy.  This document specifies a generic
   Authority Token challenge for ACME which supports subtype claims for
   different identifiers or namespaces that can be defined separately
   for specific applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-authority-token/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.