Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 20:57:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Node ID Validation Extension
        Author          : Brian Sipos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-06.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2021-10-13

Abstract:
   This document specifies an extension to the Automated Certificate
   Management Environment (ACME) protocol which allows an ACME server to
   validate the Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Node ID for an ACME
   client.  The DTN Node ID is encoded as a certificate Subject
   Alternative Name (SAN) of type otherName with a name form of
   BundleEID and as an ACME Identifier type "bundleEID".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 20:51:20 -0400

All,
This latest update of the DTN Node ID Validation draft removes any updates
to the DTN document (and references the new draft that those portions are
now moved into) and makes some more explicit statements about
"multi-perspective validation" including a recommended (not required)
policy that agrees with Let's Encrypt implementation experience.

I believe that these changes address all comments received to-date and the
draft should be ready for any further review.
Thanks,
Brian S.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 11:58 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Automated Certificate Management Environment
> (ACME) Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Node ID Validation Extension
>         Author          : Brian Sipos
> _______________________________________________
> Acme mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme
>

---

From: Aaron Gable <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:14:07 -0700

Fantastic, this version looks great to me. Just one comment:

- Section 3.1: "token-chal:... It MUST contain any characters outside the
base64url alphabet..." This was changed from "MUST NOT" and now the meaning
is unclear.

Aaron