Subject: [Acme] comments on: draft-ietf-acme-integrations-05

From: Deb Cooley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 06:43:16 -0500

No hats (oh that was fun!).

Most of these are very minor.  In full disclosure, I don't have a ton of
experience on either ACME message exchanges or TEAP:

Section 2:  I like the DNS terminology (I can’t say if they are correct).  For
me, they are clear and easy to understand.

Section 2:  CMS – spell this out the first time.

Section 3:  This might be picky, but sometimes it is difficult to
distinguish between ACME the protocol and ACME the CA.  For example, the
call flow chart has a node ‘ACME’, this is the CA, correct?  If you wanted
to clarify this, I think it would be as easy to change the node to ‘ACME
CA’.  Again, I will freely admit this might be picky…

Section 4, para 1:   Spell out MASA somewhere.  Maybe in the terms in
Section 2.  I know MASA is defined in BRSKI, but this would at least give
the reader a hint.

Section 6:

TLV?  (This means tag length value, but clearly that is wrong).

I know nothing about TEAP, but does the server initiate normally? (I’m used
to seeing client-initiated exchanges)

And this is not for this document, per se, but does TEAP use TLS1.2 (it
doesn’t look like TLS 1.3 – change cipher spec, for example)?

Deb Cooley

[email-masked]