Subject: [Acme] comments on acme-subdomains

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 10:07:44 -0500

I have posted a -02, only with kdrfc updates, and in order to get XML
uploaded so that I can link to paragraph links:

We have issue https://github.com/upros/acme-subdomains/issues/4 which says:

Section 5, page 14, step 3: Typo. The server replies w/ an identifier of
                         "sub1.example.org" instead of “sub2.example.com”

I think that this refers to:
  https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-acme-subdomains-02.html#section-5-16

it took me awhile to find the spot where the typo exactly is.

Deb, I think that the fix is at:
  https://github.com/upros/acme-subdomains/pull/5/commits/c67527e897e8588ef6582944c2ba242bcc1ff3e0

In the document, we use "example.com" as the CA, and "XXX.example.org" as the
client.  I wonder if it might be clearer if we instead used:
         certificationauthority.example
and:     XXX.enterprise.example

instead?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide