Subject: [Add] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-00.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:32:59 +0530

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-00
defines a mechanism that allows communication of DNS resolver information
to DNS clients for use in selection decisions. It defines a mechanism for a
DNS server to communicate its filtering policy and privacy statement URL to
DNS clients. This information is cryptographically signed to attest
its authenticity.

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Cheers,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 10:03
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-00.txt
To: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>, Tirumaleswar Reddy.K <
[email-masked]>, Michael C. Richardson <[email-masked]>, Mohamed
Boucadair <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection
Revision:       00
Title:          DNS Server Selection: DNS Server Information with Assertion
Token
Document date:  2020-03-18
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          22
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-add-server-policy-selection

Abstract:
   The document defines a mechanism that allows communication of DNS
   resolver information to DNS clients for use in selection decisions.
   In particuler, the document defines a mechanism for a DNS server to
   communicate its filtering policy and its privacy statement URL to DNS
   clients.  This information is cryptographically signed to attest its
   authenticity.  Such information is used for the selection of DNS
   resolvers.  Typically, evaluating the DNS privacy statement,
   filtering policy, and the signatory, DNS clients with minimum human
   intervention can select the DNS server that best supports the user's
   desired privacy and filtering policy.

   This assertion is useful for DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers
   that are either public resolvers or are discovered on a local
   network.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat