Subject: [Add] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-01.txt

From: Ben Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:03:36 -0400

Hi ADD,

In advance of the draft deadline, here's an updated version of the DNS SVCB
mapping draft.

Changes:
* Split the "service name" into a "binding authority" and "authentication
name" to improve integration with DDR (which uses "resolver.arpa" as the
name for some purposes but not others).
* Defined the "dohpath" parameter much more precisely (e.g. require UTF-8
encoding).
* Presentation improvements from Tim Wicinski and Martin Thomson (thank
you!).

--Ben Schwartz

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 2:55 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-01.txt
To: Benjamin Schwartz <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Benjamin Schwartz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns
Revision:       01
Title:          Service Binding Mapping for DNS Servers
Document date:  2021-10-21
Group:          add
Pages:          10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-01.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-01

Abstract:
   The SVCB DNS record type expresses a bound collection of endpoint
   metadata, for use when establishing a connection to a named service.
   DNS itself can be such a service, when the server is identified by a
   domain name.  This document provides the SVCB mapping for named DNS
   servers, allowing them to indicate support for new transport
   protocols.

The IETF Secretariat