Subject: [Add] Soliciting input on "DDR and Forwarders"

From: Ben Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:19:14 -0500

Hi ADD,

At IETF 112, we presented [1] an Informational draft [2] describing how
encrypted DNS upgrade procedures are likely to interact with legacy DNS
forwarders (the "85% problem"), including problems that are likely to arise
and some relevant mitigations.  (See most recent thread on the mailing list
[3].)

I would like to see if the group has any more input on this draft,
especially if there are changes you would like to see before a Call for
Adoption.

Thanks,
Ben Schwartz

[1]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/materials/slides-112-add-ddr-and-legacy-forwarders-00.pdf
[2]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schwartz-add-ddr-forwarders-01
[3] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/add/OUryQAjz_NivMNdGPkdoSldBBJo/

---

From: Vittorio Bertola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:33:21 +0100 (CET)

> Il 23/02/2022 18:19 Ben Schwartz <bemasc=[email-masked]> ha scritto:
> 
> 
> Hi ADD,
> 
> At IETF 112, we presented [1] an Informational draft [2] describing how encrypted DNS upgrade procedures are likely to interact with legacy DNS forwarders (the "85% problem"), including problems that are likely to arise and some relevant mitigations.  (See most recent thread on the mailing list [3].)
> 
> I would like to see if the group has any more input on this draft, especially if there are changes you would like to see before a Call for Adoption.
> 
I have no changes to suggest at this point in time, but I would indeed like to see the document adopted.

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
[email-masked]  mailto:[email-masked]
Office @ Via Treviso 12, 10144 Torino, Italy