Subject: [Add] I-D Action: draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 07:50:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Adaptive DNS Discovery WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Service Binding Mapping for DNS Servers
        Author          : Benjamin Schwartz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-02-01

Abstract:
   The SVCB DNS record type expresses a bound collection of endpoint
   metadata, for use when establishing a connection to a named service.
   DNS itself can be such a service, when the server is identified by a
   domain name.  This document provides the SVCB mapping for named DNS
   servers, allowing them to indicate support for new transport
   protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-add-svcb-dns-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Ben Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 10:54:11 -0500

Hi ADD,

This is a slight revision of the SVCB-DNS mapping draft, with an expanded
Security Considerations section.  The principal addition is this line:

> DNS services that are identified by a hostname (Section 3) MUST ensure
that all unauthenticated DNS requests to that name receive any promised
privacy and security guarantees, regardless of transport, port number, or
HTTP path.

This draft has been relatively stable, and is a dependency of DDR and DNR.
I believe it should be ready for WGLC.

--Ben Schwartz

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 10:51 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Add mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/add
>