Subject: [Adslmib] draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-05

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:46:29 -0400

All,

The current version of the "Definitions of Managed Objects for 
G.shdsl.bis Lines" draft is -05. Please accept my apology for not 
keeping this list up to date on the changes. This message should outline 
the changes made to the draft, since the -02 version.

On August 20, 2004, Mike Sneed, the adslmib Chair, issued a Last Call on 
version -02 of the draft.

On August 24, 2004, Randy Presuhn, sent two messages containing a list 
of comments and issues with version -02. Let me say that I am extremely 
grateful to Randy for the time he put in the review. His review was 
extremely detailed and generated an awesome list of comments. His 
messages containing the comments can be found on the ADSL MIB Discussion 
Archive. The changes from version -02 to version -03 address each 
comment Randy had. Below is an outline of the significant changes:
1. The tool I used to generate a draft was updated which resulted in 
some boiler plate and white space changes.
2 Changes to the HDSL2-SHDSL-LINE-MIB portion were as follows:
2a.. LAST-UPDATED was updated.
2b. WG-URL was added.
2c. REVISION list was collapsed and updated.
2d. Added explicit bounds to objects pertaining to Rates. The explicit 
bound matches Unsigned32 in SMIv2.
2e. Added REFERENCEs to the objects in the hdsl2ShdslInventoryTable.
2f. Added  hdsl2ShdslPayloadRateGroup.
2g. Removed hdsl2ShdslStatusMaxAttainablePayloadRate and 
hdsl2ShdslStatusActualPayloadRate from the hdsl2ShdslSpanStatusGroup and 
add them to the hdsl2ShdslPayloadRateGroup.
2h. Changed the hdsl2ShdslCurrShdslGroup to hdsl2ShdslWirePairGroup.

I messed up the process of submitting version -03 with respect to saying 
what version it was and having that match what was in the draft, so I 
submitted version -04. In version -04, the LAST-UPDATED and REVISION 
were updated. Even when I submitted version -04 to the IETF, I had 
everything in the draft correct, but I stated in my email it was -03. I 
guess I'm just a slow-learning, stupid newbie. Fortunately, the IETF 
didn't post what said, but posted what was in the draft, so it worked 
out. God bless the IETF!

On September 2, 2004, Randy Presuhn, commented that I had some dangling 
references after the last round of edits. As a result, version -05 was 
submitted with the following changes:
1. LAST-UPDATED was updated.
2. REVISION was updated. Remember the REVISIONs are collapsed since the 
draft is that close to being an RFC.
3. The following dangling references were removed:
3a. RFC 1155
3b. RFC 1157
3c. RFC 1212
3d. RFC 1215
3e. RFC 1901
3f. RFC 3412
3g. RFC 3413
3h. RFC 3416
3i. RFC 3417
3j. T1.213-2001

This should bring us up to the -05 version of the draft. I didn't go 
through the details of each change. Instead, I highlighted the "major" 
ones. In anyone needs to look at any of the versions, please let me know 
and I would be happy to send them to you.

Again, sorry I haven't been updating the list. As a newbie, I wasn't 
sure if I should, but since have learned that it's necessary.

Regards,
Clay Sikes

-- Paradyne Mail --

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib