Subject: [Adslmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:28:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the ADSL MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for G.shdsl.bis Lines
	Author(s)	: C. Sikes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt
	Pages		: 73
	Date		: 2004-9-29
	
This document defines a Management Information Base (MIB) module for
   use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
   particular, it describes objects used for managing High Bit-Rate
   Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) - 2nd generation (HDSL2) and
   Single-Pair High-Speed Digital Subscriber Line (SHDSL) interfaces.
   This document introduces extensions to several objects and textual
   conventions defined in HDSL2-SHDSL-Line MIB (RFC 3276).  The MIB
   module described in this document will obsolete the MIB module
   described in RFC 3276.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:18:27 -0700

Hi -

> From: <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:28 PM
> Subject: [Adslmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt
...

A few comments on the references in the udpated draft -

---

What is RFC 32766?  (page 16)

---

[RFC3410]  Case, J., Mindy, R., Partain, D. and B. Stewart,
              "Introduction and Applicability Statements for Internet
              Standard Management Framework", RFC 3416, December 2002.

The 3416 should be 3410.

---

BCP 78 and BCP 79 (3667 and 3668) are cited in the IPR stuff,
but do not appear in the references.  Does anyone know what the
current policy is for these?

---

References to RFC 3276 appear in the DESCRIPTION portions of
numerous OBJECT clauses, specifying what the required-to support
ranges are.  This sounds normative to me.

---

The PerfHist-TC-MIB from RFC 3593 is IMPORTed.  Consequently,
this needs to be a normative reference.

---

Randy

---

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:51:07 -0400

Randy,

Thanks for the comments. I'll spin out version -07 with the changes.

Thanks,
Clay

>this needs to be a normative reference.

-- Paradyne Mail --

---

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:57:35 -0400

Randy,

I have made corrections to all the issues but one.  The one I haven't 
done is the third issue regarding references to BCP 78 / RFC 3667 and 
BCP 79 / RFC 3668.  I looked at the last six new RFCs and didn't see 
them in any of the references section. 

I'll upload version -07 tomorrow morning unless I hear otherwise.  My 
assumption is that the references are not needed.  Please let me know if 
my assumption is incorrect.

Thanks again for your comments and time.

- Clay

-- Paradyne Mail --

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:30:45 -0700

Hi -

> From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 12:57 PM
> Subject: Re: [Adslmib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-06.txt
...
> them in any of the references section.

I *think* that's the correct thing to do, but don't recall what document explains
why BCP 78 & 79 get special treatment in references.  That's the reason
for my question.

...

Sounds good to me.

Randy